Tropica - A tiny island. (My 44 liters paludarium)

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Aquaton

Reaction score
2 months ago i created this paludarium and how fun it was!

yIHaHFb.jpg

Never imagined how interesting the process of creating a paludarium could be, it took me around 5 days to create and agree with myself how I wanted to style the tank but I reached a conclusion lol, I am definitely going to create more and throw it up on my instagram once I finish them off, for now I am going to do some Jariums and Mosariums while I am building and painting my new aquarium table. Feel free to follow Aquatondesign

Below is how it looks today.

348432700_3307330379489551_9144581195726112292_n.jpg

I you happen to be danish, here's a danish thread on my progress: Tropica - En lille ø (Vivarium/Paludarium)

Are there any creatures in there?
Looks beautiful!

Hello. That is beautiful! Apparently, the fern is fine with lower light. Do I see a Prayer Plant in there next to the small fern? A large version might be able to sustain a few, small fish. It wouldn't require a water change as a standard fish tank would. The plants would maintain suitable water conditions for fish. Possibly, just being topped off with distilled water would work. The distilled water could replace that lost to evaporation and the fish would provide the minerals in their waste material.

10 Tanks (Now 11)

Hello. That is beautiful! Apparently, the fern is fine with lower light. Do I see a Prayer Plant in there next to the small fern? A large version might be able to sustain a few, small fish. It wouldn't require a water change as a standard fish tank would. The plants would maintain suitable water conditions for fish. Possibly, just being topped off with distilled water would work. The distilled water could replace that lost to evaporation and the fish would provide the minerals in their waste material.

10 Tanks (Now 11)
Thank you very much, I am very pleased with it.
Yeah the fern is doing great, new leafs are arriving. I actually didn't think much of it could survive the condition it is in, but it does. There's a type of Monstera in it, and the small white leafed plants were bought unnamed, the pink version too and as well the creeping plant. So those I don't have a name for.

But do there exist prayer plants, that can remains small? 😮

True I was thinking of having fish in it, but It is way too small.. so I am going with some shrimps instead. :D Do you think it would be better with RO water instead in this setup, because currently I am just adding tap water.

Hello again. If you were able to have a few fish in this ecosystem and I think this is basically what you've made, the fish would provide the minerals the system needs to keep it healthy. Without the fish, by replenishing the water lost to evaporation with tap water, you're obviously maintaining good mineral levels. The system obviously likes your tap water. So, I wouldn't change a thing. Nicely done!

10 Tanks (Now 11)

I just love paludariums. I've got two overhere as well. The combination of water and land gives so much space to work with and the combination of animals as well.

I just love paludariums. I've got two overhere as well. The combination of water and land gives so much space to work with and the combination of animals as well.
It is like bringing a part of nature in to your home, i love that. What terrestrial animals do you have on your land part? Currently mine contains some kind of small house spider lol.

It is like bringing a part of nature in to your home, i love that. What terrestrial animals do you have on your land part? Currently mine contains some kind of small house spider lol.
Vampire crabs

Oh yeah, they would escape my paludarium haha. Can you show me yours?
Sure...
The crabs are in the closed paludarium. For they're excellent escape artists...
The other one is an open paludarium which I only keep fish in. That photo is from an event for children from poor families. So, also such children could enjoy animals during the summer season instead of going to a zoo. They asked me to participate. This way those children would also learn from it. We kept all animals overthere for two weeks.

Attachments

• IMG_7088.JPG
    IMG_7088.JPG
    147.5 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_7094.JPG
    IMG_7094.JPG
    204.5 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_3691[1].JPG
    IMG_3691[1].JPG
    289.3 KB · Views: 21
  • 2012_0821merchandise10004.JPG
    2012_0821merchandise10004.JPG
    124.6 KB · Views: 21
Thank you very much, I am very pleased with it.
Yeah the fern is doing great, new leafs are arriving. I actually didn't think much of it could survive the condition it is in, but it does. There's a type of Monstera in it, and the small white leafed plants were bought unnamed, the pink version too and as well the creeping plant. So those I don't have a name for.

But do there exist prayer plants, that can remains small? 😮

True I was thinking of having fish in it, but It is way too small.. so I am going with some shrimps instead. :D Do you think it would be better with RO water instead in this setup, because currently I am just adding tap water.
The small white and pink plants are called "White Anne" and Pink Anne".

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back