Triops! At It Again....

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Thanks for the great heads up curiosity101! Must go see! Definately an epidemic :lol: Cant wait for the latest pics ;)

lol oh dear....no im kidding!! thats good news ive always had a luv for triops but no forums really do raise them alot! so im glad ive gotten some people to try it, but as promised some pictures.....now i had some but he decided to shed so ive gotten some very recent ones of him, once again i was able to watch him shed but didnt get to video it, i must get that done....its just when he does shed its so quick!!! anyway...since sheding he has taken a liking to the top and sides,

DSCF0900.jpg

DSCF0899.jpg

DSCF0895.jpg

DSCF0892.jpg

when he decides to go back to digging i will try and get some more pictures of him!! it shouldnt be to long so exspect anouther update in the next hour lol this guy is starting to get pretty large!! he is now officaly 2 inchs!! thats from tip to tip, body size i would say his body is a good inch and a few mm, then its his dodgy tail that makes the rest up

:blink: Wow he has grown!!! 2 inches is amazing in such a short time, no wonder they dont live overally long (well at least from what I have heard?) He really has got personality xx

Amazing. Why do they need a small container in the beginning? Oh yeah, and do you only have that one, or are there any others?

thats just it!! this is my first who grew this big...all my others were only about 1 and a half cm's at this age!! i belive the larger tank and constant lighting has a helped out alot. he does have a very odd personality lol, he likes to dig alot and has suddenly become camera shy!! i cannot get a pciture of him as he swims of each time i try! and like i said he has taken a liking to the sides, such a great little guy! shame he has no change in expression on his face lol

so...i was sat watching mr triops today and....

DSCF0908.jpg

DSCF0909.jpg

he shed in front of me again!! always when i dont have my camera handy...he has now gotten alot wider and by the looks of things i belive HE may be male as he has a very short tail...also its now more apparant that he has a slightly deformed bit at the end of his tail! where it spliys into to bits at the end one is shorter then the other, i remember noticing this when he was small but now you can really see! either way he is having a fit seems as he has shed again, going to wait untill tomoz mid day when i feed him to see if i can get a picture...he just wont stay still anymore! so full of life this guy :)

Update time! finaly he has stayed still enough for me to get some half decent pictures :) he ya go..

DSCF0916.jpg

DSCF0915.jpg

DSCF0913.jpg

DSCF0917.jpg

DSCF0919.jpg

DSCF0920.jpg

DSCF0922.jpg

So far each time he has shedded in the past week he has mainly gotten wider, im hoping he starts to get abit longer now aswell, of course he has just not as much as getting wider! also he has started to only shed every 2 days now instead

ha no....i varey his diet alot...he still has his pellets but also gets normal fish food and peas and also gets sinking pellets and sinking waffers....he eats it all! so i guess he likes it...

well he has shed again and...

DSCF0958.jpg
alot wider still! he has grown in length abit but not alot, ive a feeling he wont grow much bigger now, maybe anouther half a CM before he pass's

have a look at this close up of his "mouth bits"

DSCF0959.jpg

awesome huh?

this guys legs are amazing!

DSCF0961.jpg

now i have abit of a little story....

So today doing my water change on his tank i notice somthing very small and white move....i thought this was just abit of food ro somthing but....what the hell!!!

DSCF0963.jpg

is it me or have i got baby triops!!!! impossible....triops only hatch in new spring waters...not already establised "ponds" how odd? well ive managed to capture 7 of these little critters and they have been moved into the breading home again :) hopfully they will grow and become big enough to get into the main tank with the other triops! who knows as im unsure what to feed them...thats if i should! ive never had this happen before? the only thing i can think of is that eggs did not hatch and have now finaly decided to hatch...even though the should not have done! well either way i will be keeping a close eye on them aswell as the big triops and see what happens!

He is awesome! Aw I will be sad to see him go (gotten quite attached through his life diary :lol: ). :hyper: Baby triops? Awesome!

hehe this guy is great yes ive not seen one grow as quick as him! or to this size to be honest :rolleyes: very impressed with him, im going to try and preserve him hehe :) but still ive managed to find about 6 more of the baby larva triops! i have no idea how as there is only ment to be 10 eggs in a batch.....i only used half lol oh well! more triops for me! already some are starting to look like small triops!! awesomness!!! :good:

really? mine wont as he is a rare male :) im going to confirm this as soon as i decide to count the segaments to his tail, although im pretty darn sure :rolleyes: anyway! update time!!

DSCF0980.jpg

DSCF0979.jpg

now even though not alot has changed, he has gotten bigger! i am charging my batterys so i will get anouther picture of him for later or tomoz as funnily enough he decided to shed WHEN my battery is dead...always seems the way :( im determinded to get him shedding! he seems to do it at around the same time every couple of days now... also....

DSCF0967.jpg

now you can sort of compare his size :) and now onto the babies! ive managed to get the first ever pictures for my diary of a triops baby eating a triops larva!

DSCF0977.jpg

DSCF0976.jpg

DSCF0969.jpg

pretty cool to watch! the last one is of course a larger one in there who i belive is going to be the one who survives....well enjoy the new pictures!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back