Tried Google, Need Help Here.

star4

Fish Connoisseur
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
6,367
Reaction score
1
Points
38
Location
GB
I have fallen in love with a firemouth cichlid. I didnt want another fish, just looking through classifieds and there he was looking utterly gorgous :wub: . My point is..... I have a 4ft tank with a mississippi map turtle, a kissing gourami and a red tailed black shark. The gourami came with some rescue plecs and was a bully in my main tank and the rtbs was also a bully, so the fish got moved in with the turtle. However these three get on fine. Now from the different information I have found searching the net the overall conclusion is that a firemouth would be ok with the other two fish. (have no worries with the turtle as the fish is too big and the turtle wont grow much bigger). I would just like to ask a general yes or no from people here.

Many thanks


Edited because it didnt make sence lol
 
firemouths are not that agressive but its a cichlid so it may choose to not like something but usually thats other cichlids....It is a case of trial and error,i used to have a firemouth with a rtbs and keyholes without a prob,he was only aggressive with the female
 
Hi star my fire mouths have been fine with my turtles i have 2 firemouths and ive not ever had an agression issue with any other fish with them either :thumbs:

btw we have a new cumberland @ 4/5" and a 2" chinese softshell now too hehe
 
FM's can be little b***ers, however, I dont see much of an issue with the fish you have (or the turtle). My FM (is this the one your on about btw? :) ) has a tendancy to dislike anything similar looking to him, therefore he hated my Aureus, but was fine with all the rainbows, corydoras, severums, nic, daemons etc, he is very much all bluff and just like to give chase but will soon run if someone chases back :lol:
 
Thanks everyone for your replies, much appreciated. Looks like I might be having another fish if Minxy says he can come and live with me.
 
YYYyyyyyyyyiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiipppppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeee

I will take the best care possible of him
 

Most reactions

Back
Top