Treating With Rid-Ich For Body Fungus In Tank With Shrimp

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

trianglekitty

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Yesterday I noticed one of my sparkling gourami was acting 'off' with clamped fins and flashing. Today he's floating at the top and one of the guppies has fungus on his top fin.

I'm not entirely sure what is going on. Water checked out fine (0 ammonia, 0 nitrites, 20 nitrates) I want to treat the entire tank for both bacteria disease and fungus before this spreads any further.

Problem is I have a large community of cherry shrimp. Way too many to move. I was going to use Maracyn Two for bacterial and would like to use Rid-Ich for fungal, but I'm worried the Rid-Ich will harm the shrimp. The label says that it can, but I was wondering if anyone has successfully used it with shrimp. Or any suggestions for a fungal treatment that is safe to use with shrimp.

Edited to add I put the gourami down because he was gasping/struggling to swim and clearly suffering. There is no sign of fungus on the body, but he did have a slight curve to the spine. I am REALLY hoping this is not fish TB, but it would seem odd because my water is right on the mark and I understand it is more common in tanks with poor water

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back