Treating Fin Rot in a Betta

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to enter! šŸ†

Chappers15

Reaction score
Hi all. Iā€™ve had my Betta for about 3 weeks now and Iā€™ve just noticed heā€™s got fin rot. Itā€™s the early stages so Iā€™m looking to stop it now.

Heā€™s in a 12 gallon tank with 7 ember tetras and I have no quarantine tank. I have no ammonia, nitrates or nitrites but I assume it was caused by either the move into a new tank or a serious algae problem I had recently.

so how do I treat this? I currently only have aquarium salt but I can order different medicine. If you have any advice please let me know. I really donā€™t want to lose him.

thanks

Attachments

• F165A1FD-EBF3-4335-BFCB-2287804B7774.jpeg
    F165A1FD-EBF3-4335-BFCB-2287804B7774.jpeg
    233.2 KB · Views: 27
  • EFBCE369-8DB7-40F0-B4FB-C639191AAFBD.jpeg
    EFBCE369-8DB7-40F0-B4FB-C639191AAFBD.jpeg
    198.1 KB · Views: 33
What are your water test results?

Medications should not be added to a tank until a disease has been definitely identified. The fewer chemicals we add to a tank, the better.

Diagnosis of the condition is the first step, then if medication proves necessary, the medication should be the correct one for the disease. Finrot is usually caused by poor water conditions and water changes are the first thing to try. Chemicals should be the last 'treatment' if all others fail.
Finrot is usually bacterial but that medication states it is for fungal infections not bacterial.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back