trash.binh91's Food Chronicles

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Low fat, I am working on keeping my cholesterol down. They gave me some medicine that is suppose to help. Up to this point in life I did not have to take any pills at all.

Fun fact, these baguettes I made had NO FAT in them whatsoever! Just yeast, flour, a tsp of salt, tbsp. of sugar, and some water!

Are you working on keeping sugar down as well?
No, just cholesterol and my blood pressure. Had great blood pressure until this lock down started. I can't hike or go for long walks and being a couch potato is not for me.

Maybe you have a future in baking
I can see it now...” trophy1Trashbinh’s Macaron Cookies“
25280A20-0303-4F9A-BAA7-9815220DC7A0.gif

No, just cholesterol and my blood pressure. Had great blood pressure until this lock down started. I can't hike or go for long walks and being a couch potato is not for me.
exercise bike or a treadmill.
or if you already own a bicycle, get an indoor trainer and put the bike on that. Then you have an indoor bike to use.

@Colin_T Do u use one of those trainer setups for a bike? Do they offer enough resistance?

Yes I have a bike on an indoor trainer but I am lazy and can't be bothered using it.

They are adjustable to increase or decrease resistance. However, if you have lots of resistance, you wear out the tyre faster and when the bike isn't being used, the pressure on the tyre can cause the tyre to change shape. It dents inwards and then it is annoying when you ride it because there is a depression in the tyre.

I have mine set up with a little bit of resistance but use the gears to make it harder or easier to pedal.

I have a safety step next to the bike so it's easier to get on and off.

Attachments

• DSCN1304b.JPG
    DSCN1304b.JPG
    139.4 KB · Views: 97
  • DSCN1308b.JPG
    DSCN1308b.JPG
    151.3 KB · Views: 110
Also some Vietnamese Yogurt! We call this "Sữa chua", translating to "sour milk". We also call it "da ua", which is a transliteration of the French Pronunciation (who gave us yoghurt). It's softer, creamier, and sooo much better than normal yogurt.

Its essentially one can of sweetened condensed milk, one can of hot (not boiling) water, two cans of milk (cow milk, vegan milks would not taste good, but try if you want, though I don't know about goat or sheep milk), and some starter yogurt (basically get around a half a cup of plain yogurt, I know it seems weird, but you need yogurt to make yogurt). Make sure yogurt has live cultures, you can leave a portion of plain yogurt out for 2 days to activate it further.

Making the sweetened condensed milk.
View attachment 102561

Filled the jars and now pour hot water into 2/3 up the sides of the jars, creating a water bath in the pans.
View attachment 102562

Now, let it rest in a warm spot covered with a towel for 6-8 hours, essentially overnight. You can put it in a low oven (150 F), but make sure not to leave the oven on, and just have that residual heat overnight. If it doesn't thicken into a custard like texture by morning, reheat the water, pour it back into the pot and let it sit covered further until a custard like texture forms.
View attachment 102564

This should be the finished product! I know it seems more jelly like than normal yogurt, but it's actually softer, creamier, and MELTS IN YOUR MOUTH!!!!
View attachment 102565View attachment 102566
Where are you located? I have never heard of this but it looks absolutely amazing

Where are you located? I have never heard of this but it looks absolutely amazing
Ohio! But my parents are immigrants from Vietnam, and we have to carry our culture on.

Sidenote for the people who are making this, it's delicious frozen (though I personally don't like it frozen)! In Vietnam, they sell this frozen in little baggies (yes, in a bag) as street food.

Ohio! But my parents are immigrants from Vietnam, and we have to carry our culture on.

Sidenote for the people who are making this, it's delicious frozen (though I personally don't like it frozen)! In Vietnam, they sell this frozen in little baggies (yes, in a bag) as street food.
It looks soooooo good!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back