trash.binh91's Food Chronicles

trash.binh91

Fish Addict
Reaction score
So, I have been baking (and cooking, but baking as a prime interest) much over the past few years. Ever since quarantine, I've been pretty much doing it a LOT more than usual, so I've decided to share some of my ventures here! Feel free to share tips or what not as well if you'd like!

About ago, I made these all macarons (macarONs, NOT macarOONs), so that would be the first opener to this thread.

DSCN5059 (2).JPG

Pandan Macaron

DSCN5063 (2).JPG

Blackberry Macarons

DSCN5071 (2).JPG

Lime Macarons

DSCN5090 (2).JPG

Vietnamese Iced Coffee Macaron

A few weeks after, I made a second batch (no pictures),but there are some pictures of banana bread that I made, but my third quarantine batch of macarons I did take pictures.

I'll share those later with y'all!

JuiceBox52

Fish Maniac
Reaction score
So, I have been baking (and cooking, but baking as a prime interest) much over the past few years. Ever since quarantine, I've been pretty much doing it a LOT more than usual, so I've decided to share some of my ventures here! Feel free to share tips or what not as well if you'd like!

About ago, I made these all macarons (macarONs, NOT macarOONs), so that would be the first opener to this thread.

View attachment 101988
Pandan Macaron

View attachment 101989
Blackberry Macarons

View attachment 101990
Lime Macarons

View attachment 101991
Vietnamese Iced Coffee Macaron

A few weeks after, I made a second batch (no pictures),but there are some pictures of banana bread that I made, but my third quarantine batch of macarons I did take pictures.

I'll share those later with y'all!
Those pics are making me hungry

Retired Viking

Fish Connoisseur
Reaction score
I try and go for walks every day but the weather here is not that warm yet. I have managed to lose a few pounds lately. My doctor tells me that he wish his other patients were in as good as shape as me but I know I have a few pounds to lose.

Barry Tetra

Fish Gatherer
Pet of the Month!
Reaction score
Dont you guys have a soar throat after ate macaron or just me?

OP
trash.binh91

trash.binh91

Fish Addict
Reaction score
can we have a recipe along with the pictures?
just in case some of the members here want to try making their own :)
Definitely!

So, I use a base macaron recipe. I use that recipe, and color or flavor accordingly depending on what macaron flavor I want.

I use a Swiss Meringue Buttercream for my macarons, but you can use whatever fillings you'd like.

The base recipe, which is off of this here (
), is the recipe I use. So use that for your method, and to flavor, apply what I put below to it.

For the Pandan Macaron, when you are making the almond paste (before folding in the meringue), stir into the 30g off egg whites a bit of green food coloring and/or pandan paste. Don't add too much, you only want enough to make the color around a mint green. And also, the meringue will lighten the color of the batter. The buttercream, I just took some of it and mixed pandan paste and pandan extract into it, until a mint green color formed (pandan paste is pretty concentrated, so you won't have to worry about lack of flavor). Fill your macarons and decorate however you would like! The pandan flavor should be like a grassy-cocounuty essence that you feel, not necessarily taste.

For the blackberry macaron, I just mixed purple food coloring into the almond paste, and I made blackberry coulis to mix into the buttercream. Fill and decorate as you would like. I also added a bit of coulis ontop of the buttercream, for more blackberry flavor.

The lime flavor, I zested limes and made lime curd. For the macaron batter, mix a lime green (yellow+green) food coloring into the paste and after piping, sprinkle a bit of lime zest over the top of the macaron shells so that they bake onto the shells. For the filling, I made a lime buttercream (buttercream + lime curd) and filled the macarons, and also filled them with extra lime curd and lime zest.

The Viet Iced Coffee flavor, I made a concentrated coffee (make sure the consistency is very THICK) and used that to color and flavor the macaron shell (mix into the almond paste). The buttercream, just mix it with some concentrated coffee to flavor. Fill the shells and also put a bit of sweetened condensed milk onto the buttercream, as well, to top it off.

There's many more tips I would like to add, but it's a lot of typing for now lol.

OP
trash.binh91

trash.binh91

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Just finished making some baguettes!

I'm letting them cool (made three loaves, already eating one) and am seeing what dish I could make using them, possibly making some kind of crostini! I'll hopefully share that tomorrow!

trending

Members online