Transparent Molly?

Cocoa19

Reaction score
about 4 days ago I moved my fish in my 38L tank to my new 90L tank, while I was catching my yellow Molly named Frazzle in the net, her tail started changing colour, the next day I noticed her tail, dorsal and anal fin were transparent and when i turn the blue light on the top of her head is also patchy, she's still like it no change do I need to worry? I tried to get a photo of her head you can kinda see the discolouring

Attachments

fluttermoth

The current Mrs Treguard ;)
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
So sorry you haven't had a reply yet; apologies!

Have you tested the water at all and, if so, what were the results?

Did you cycle the new tank before you moved the fish, and/or did you move all the filter media from their old tank?

Do you know the hardness of your water?

Exactly how many fish, of what species, do you have?

OP
C

Cocoa19

Reaction score
that's ok thank you for the reply! I did test my water everything was perfect except a high PH which I've always had because Nelson water PH always sits around 8.0 I've now got some stuff to keep it at 7.0 in hope that helps, I cycled it for 4 days with already cycled media before adding them to the tank but she changed colour when I was catching her in the net. there were 8 Black Neon Tetras, 3 Molly's and 2 Platys originally but as of yesterday I moved my 8 Blue Neon Tetras 2 Guppies and 1 snail over into that tank too. I'm concerned about 1 of my Platys too tho he's very Lethargic but swims around fine but does hide a lot now in this new tank. He's not getting bullied and when he swims around he's fine but keeps hiding under a log and stays there for ages

Search tags for this page

molly tail becomes black

translucent molly fish