Tradegy and a lil cory drama

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

GuppyDude

Stephen
Reaction score
Ok im not sure if ottos are catfish or not but iv been told they are. Knowing this i should of anticipated that they wouldn't like salt. i bought 2 youg ottos on friday, they were about an inch long and were in my fry tank with my guppy fry. Previous to buying them i had done water changes on my tank and after doing so i added a chemical to remove iron and make water safe for fish and i added a tablespoon of salt. ( This is a 1g tank ) After adding the pair and watching them i noticed they lacked the activeness that i had seen in previous ottos i had owned. i thoght nothing of it and waited over night hopeing it was just stress from being moved. The next day they looked much the same, still kinda sickly, so i added melafix, i tryed to get it presise but i probavly over did it a bit, about an hour later i came back and found them dead i quickly removed them and did a 50% water change thinking i did over medicate the tank. all guppy fry are alive and well and throgh the whole thing non looked ill. im thinking it was the salt with the combination of the strong melafix dose but im not surtain. ( i also added about a week before sum alge killer, it was just a lil bit and the alge didn't die so thats wen i got the ottos ) but between the time i added the alge killer and i added the ottos i had done like 2 50% water changes. do u think this coulda done it? i hope sumone can help me before i make the mistake again.

And also i bought a new albino cory, he is reletively the same size of my common cory and they pal around, but my pepermont cory seems to be getting left out. wats the deal? he is a bit smaller that the other 2 but other than that i c no other reason for it. do u guys have any ideas?

Most reactions

Back