totally new totally lost!!

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

How can I tell if my ballon molly is pregnant?

• If they are square.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • If they are round in the stomach.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

G13

Reaction score
[email protected]
Hi there, I just logged onto fishforums this morning. It took me a while to figure out how to use it but I guess I'm getting the hang of it. I'm very crazy about fish, I have had my tank for a couple of months now I have 3 ballon mollies, 3 blue gourami, 1 pink kissing gourami, 1 dwarf gourami, 1 bamboo shrimp, and now quite a few baby fish. The problem is I don't even know what type they are, I think they came from my ballon molly but I really don't know. The first night I got my ballon mollies I had babies, so I'm pretty sure it came from one of them. I really would like to know how to tell if it is pregnant please help me out.

from, G13

I have very little doubt that your babies are mollies, seeing as the balloon mollies were the only livebearers you listed. The other fish would have had to lay eggs, which you probably would have noticed. The egglayers you usually have to TRY and breed, whereas with the livebearers, you're going to get babies whether you like it or not. For more info on livebearers and how to tell when they're pregnant, try posting in the livebearers section; you should get all your answers there.

It's good to have you here in the fish forum, by the way!!!

Livebearers will get a gravid spot when they are pregnant. This is a dark spot which can be seen near their bottom. It is basically the fry's eyes forming inside her. The closer the spot is to her bottom the sooner you can expect fry.

HTH

Most reactions

Back