Torn Skirt: Is My Black Skirt Tetra Sick?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

mukumuku

Reaction score
6860064328_f21a365975_m.jpg

This is a 15 gallon tank with 4 black skirt tetras and 4 platys. All the other fish looks fine and problem tetra eats and swims fine too. I noticed her torn skirt yesterday and it has become worse today. Is she sick or just injured? Thank you for your input.

hard to tell, if there's a cottony substance over the wound, it might be fin rot, if it's just a torn fin, then the fish is fine, it'll heal back.

hard to tell, if there's a cottony substance over the wound, it might be fin rot, if it's just a torn fin, then the fish is fine, it'll heal back.
Thanks so much for the reply. I examined the tetra closely just now and didn't see any cottony stuff. Hope it's just a wound instead of infection.

Thanks so much for the reply. I examined the tetra closely just now and didn't see any cottony stuff. Hope it's just a wound instead of infection.
Sounds like a wound caused by squabbling with the other tetras, don't fret, mine tore at each other for a good few months before settling in with each other, and osme of my buenos aires tetras have some really terrifying wounds on their tail fins from bickering amongst themselves as well. Once the pecking order is settled, they'll refrain from biting at each other and they'll look good as new.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back