Top 5 Films?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

-germ-

Rheophilic....
Reaction score
Your top 5 films of all time, what are they?
Sure there'll have been a similar thread before but who cares..
Mine;
1: Amelie
How depressing that the only film capable of making me burst out with uncontrollable laughter is this happy, french tripe. Absolutely love it.
2: High Plains Drifter
Possibly the weirdest western ever and a story re-used time and time again. Classic. Also Clint Eastwoods second time in the directors chair.
3: Pusher
Danish crime 'thriller', just felt completely real to me, brilliant naturalistic acting.
4: Man Bites Dog
Violent french crime film, sick sense of humour, ticks every box for a cult classic, and makes you use your head.
5: Shogun Assasins
The american version of the japanese lone wolf and cub/babycart series. Banned in the UK for years. Absolutely stunningly stupid and gorey but great fun.
Where else would you find murderous toddlers, people having every limb and facial feature removed by ninja women, and blokes in really,really big straw hats with big swords?

"Digaro.... Go!!"

Well, being a comedy buff, mine are all comedys.

1) Caddyshack - Greatest golf movie ever made (Happy Gilmore would be second best golf movie and in the top 10 over all)
2) Stripes - A comedy classic
3) Blazing Saddles - The campfire scene is a classic
4) National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation - Clark W. Griswold at his best
5) Raising Arizona - My wife just love's Nicolas Cage's hair

Man, it's hard to pick just 5. There are so many great comedies. Honorable mentions go to Down Periscope, Young Frankenstein, Happy Gilmore, Major League, Undercover Brother, The Jerk and The Gods Must Be Crazy.

Well, mine aren't all sophisticated or Oscar winners lol...

In no particular order

Dirty Dancing
Super Troopers
Drop Dead Fred
Dawn of the Dead
Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken

not that into film really, we';ve got maybe 20 between us which is a bit tragic really, most of our dvd's are stand up or tv series

mine are really quite sad, i just like happy silly films i can laugh at or sit and cry and eat ten tonnes of chocolate watching when i need to, so in no particular order

dirty dancing
pretty woman
the wedding singer
fight club ( :drool: brad pitt)
oh and i've forgotten the name of it, but there's a slightly older bloke whose dead famous but i've forgotten his name playing a bloke with OCD who starts helping out this waitress whose kid is really poorly and it all ends up curing him and stuff. anyone like to remind me of the name of it?

Zulu (probably the best war film ever, based on fact)
Alien V's Predator (gives a lot of background to the Predator and Alien films)
Freddy V's Jason (Freddy Rocks!)
Final destination (the best and only one worth watching)
The Italian Job (original) (a true blokes film)

oh and i've forgotten the name of it, but there's a slightly older bloke whose dead famous but i've forgotten his name playing a bloke with OCD who starts helping out this waitress whose kid is really poorly and it all ends up curing him and stuff. anyone like to remind me of the name of it?
As Good As It Gets with Jack Nicholson and Helen Hunt

As Good As It Gets with Jack Nicholson and Helen Hunt

that's the one :D

Ok, here's mine...

1. The Lord of the Rings Trilogy - I Can't decide which is my favourite, and if I had the time i'd happily sit and watch all 12 hours of the extended editions in one sitting!
2. The Matrix - I like all three, but the first is the genre breaking classic so here it is!
3. Star Trek First Contact - Can't beat a bit of the Borg! The Wrath of Kahn is my favourite out of the original cast.
4. American Pie 2 - The other proper ones are great, but the second is my favourite.
5. Star Wars - Any, again they're all great, even the childish Phantom Menace.

I like loads of films and could mention loads of others, Shrek, Pirates of the Caribbean 10 things i hate about you, any adam sandler film. I really like my Manga too, Laputa - Castle in the Sky, Akira, the Guyver, Robotech, even the ones aimed at kids like Zoids. Even though they are sometimes a bit feeble, the story telling is excellent.

Mine, A Few mentioned Already.

1. The Abyss
2. As Good As It Gets - Jack Nicholson at his best
3. Laputa - Hiyao Miyazaki's Finest
4. Grave of the FireFlies
5. The Iron Giant

1: Waterboy - a true classic! adam sandler is also the best actor untill he went soppy and serious in click :(

2: lucky number sleven - twists ahoy!

3: star wars - all classics

4: matrix2 - for the fight scene

5:blade triology - all good

its hard to name 5 i cud name just 5 adam sandler movies tbh :) these are the 5 i thought of though!

Waterboy is also on my honorable mention list as is Happy Gilmore and The Longest Yard with Adam Sandler.

billy madison!, mr deeds, big daddy, anger management, 50firstdates :p

any old school adam sandler film should be on the list :hyper:

Austin powers trillogy (the best films EVER!!!)

Leon, Wild hogs, Shrek trillogy, Mr beans holiday.

I haven't seen all the Adam Sandler movies. I forgot about Anger Mnagement and Big Daddy. I did see those. My wife and I are kind of the same way about Chevy Chase. That's why most of our bettas (Ty, Fletch and CLark) have been named after Chevy Chase characters.

1. The Godfather (1 and 2)
2. Lord of the Rings trilogy
3. Goodfellas
4. Pulp Fiction
5. Star Wars (Star Wars, Empire, ROTJ, ROTS)

I know its actually 11 movies, but it's as close as I can get to 5. I still feel guilty leaving out Saving Private Ryan, Taxi Driver, Rocky 1 and 2, Raiders of the Lost Ark, The Departed, Apocolypse Now, Scarface, and about a dozen other great movies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back