Took My Daughter Fishing Today....

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

mattlee

get on a board and do yo thang...!
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
today i took my daughter fishing. we were very stealth like and im sure no fish could have possibly saw us as my daughter came in bright pink wellies and armed with a bright pink bucket and a very bright yellow net :crazy:
so after about half an hour this is what we managed to catch in our net..... im pretty sure we got a few young perch and a handfull of minnows but im sure someone can correct me if im wrong...
not bad i didnt think, it must have been the stealth like approach we took :lol:
005-20.jpg

004-25.jpg

003-28.jpg

002-31.jpg

001-32.jpg

we were very stealth like and im sure no fish could have possibly saw us as my daughter came in bright pink wellies and armed with a bright pink bucket and a very bright yellow net :crazy:

not bad i didnt think, it must have been the stealth like approach we took :lol:

:rofl: :rofl:

Where about do you go fishing?

we were very stealth like and im sure no fish could have possibly saw us as my daughter came in bright pink wellies and armed with a bright pink bucket and a very bright yellow net :crazy:

:rofl: :rofl:

Where about do you go fishing?
ive not been proper fishing for many years. i just thought while the sun was out it would be a bit different to go and see what we can catch with a small net. we went to Aylestone canal near Leicester. it made a bit of a change from my daughter chasing butterflies round the garden with the net.....

i have been thinking about starting fishing up again but ive sold all my kit years ago and all i have left is a carp rod and reel, not even a float etc.. :crazy:

i have my own carp lake, (syndicate owned) but i cant be bothered to go anymore :/ used to be into my match fishing but not done anything like that for years :/

it doesnt cost much to get a bit of kit together to go fish. for the last 3 years ive been using an all on one kit that i got from the local tackleshop for 30 quid. had a rod, reel, net, tackle, line, everything pretty much. i think they do the same kit in argos. all in a bag, i used to to fishing in my spitfire, so couldnt take much. had a chair, a backpack, and my cheapo fishing kit. more than good enough to sit by the lake pulling in anything up to about 10-12 lbs all day. a year ago i did buy a second hand reel, but the original is fine, i just wanted to spend some money. if like me you're not overly serious about fishing, and go for the experience of sitting by the lake relaxing as oppose to beating your best fish evey time, a cheap kit like mine is more than good enough.

i recently brought a cheap carp rod and reel and tackle, and not only did it cost me far more money, depsite buying bargain stuff, its just not as interesting as float fishing.

it doesnt cost much to get a bit of kit together to go fish. for the last 3 years ive been using an all on one kit that i got from the local tackleshop for 30 quid. had a rod, reel, net, tackle, line, everything pretty much. i think they do the same kit in argos. all in a bag, i used to to fishing in my spitfire, so couldnt take much. had a chair, a backpack, and my cheapo fishing kit. more than good enough to sit by the lake pulling in anything up to about 10-12 lbs all day. a year ago i did buy a second hand reel, but the original is fine, i just wanted to spend some money. if like me you're not overly serious about fishing, and go for the experience of sitting by the lake relaxing as oppose to beating your best fish evey time, a cheap kit like mine is more than good enough.

i recently brought a cheap carp rod and reel and tackle, and not only did it cost me far more money, depsite buying bargain stuff, its just not as interesting as float fishing.

I ran a fishing tackle shop years ago and we used to love people like you, they would pour off the boats on the Thames in the summertime and come and buy budget fishing tackle. Then get all pis.sy because we would tell them they had to buy a rod license which in them days cost you quite a bit, as they didnt offer daily ones. ;/

I paid over £2000 for a 16 meter fishing pole once....i fished a carp lake and although i didnt use it on the day, i forgot to pack it back into my rod bag at the end of the day...needless to say when i went back the next day it was gone...somewhat annoying :D

I do lots of fishing, been more into it this year than ever before!

Bream and Tench are my favourite species to catch

James.

Chub for me :D

Never fished for Chub. I will be doing this year though on the Severn and Ribble, might have a do for the Barbel this winter too. I do mostly stillwater fishing but have caught Trout and Grayling (Greyling?) when river fishing before :good:

James.

The Ribble is alive with chub, the tidal reaches at walton le dale are really good with a fine head of roach as well, plus the fact if the main river is in flood you can always fish the darwin and a lot of fish hole up in there when the main river is in spate.

My profile pic is a wild Rainbow Trout, that I caught flyfishing, right after I released it. My biggest temptation is to not bring home small fish to keep in a tank.

Most reactions

Back