Hi,
I recently upgraded from a very small tank to a slightly larger Fluval 125 (not huge I know but a little nicer to look at than my very small old one.)
The tank was given by my brother who has also up-sized his tank. He also gave me the heater (Tronic Heater 150watt,) and filter (Roma 125 - Fluval U3 Internal Filter,) that came with the tank. I also use an air stone inside too, as I'm told it greatly helps to push up the water from the very bottom of the aquarium to the surface for air. The filter is also has a tube on it with holes... more so that the water gets transferred to the other end of the tank.
In my tank I have 3 opaline gouramis, 5 black skirt tetras, a yo-yo loach and 2 butterfly fish up top. I don't keep live plants as I have had terrible experience with them and snail issues and I'd rather not risk another attack of them.
Anyway, my worry is... there is a lot of water movement and bubbles moving through my tank. The fish that I keep generally seem to prefer slow moving water when I read up about them. They are doing just fine as the tank is... but they prefer a less flow I'd be glad to know they are happier. Would I be risking more than helping if I removed my airstone? I've always used one in my old tank... but with a weaker pump and a much weaker filter. This new filter is extremely strong.
As I said all my fish do seem pretty happy at the moment, but I'd like to minimize stress risk if they don't like strong currents.
Any ideas would be greatfully appreciated.
Thanks
I've uploaded a clip of my aquarium here rather than just a photo in hope it might show a little more how much water movement there is... though I'm still not sure it's very clear.
http
/www.youtube.com/watch?v=cr2XrD6yWHs
I recently upgraded from a very small tank to a slightly larger Fluval 125 (not huge I know but a little nicer to look at than my very small old one.)
The tank was given by my brother who has also up-sized his tank. He also gave me the heater (Tronic Heater 150watt,) and filter (Roma 125 - Fluval U3 Internal Filter,) that came with the tank. I also use an air stone inside too, as I'm told it greatly helps to push up the water from the very bottom of the aquarium to the surface for air. The filter is also has a tube on it with holes... more so that the water gets transferred to the other end of the tank.
In my tank I have 3 opaline gouramis, 5 black skirt tetras, a yo-yo loach and 2 butterfly fish up top. I don't keep live plants as I have had terrible experience with them and snail issues and I'd rather not risk another attack of them.
Anyway, my worry is... there is a lot of water movement and bubbles moving through my tank. The fish that I keep generally seem to prefer slow moving water when I read up about them. They are doing just fine as the tank is... but they prefer a less flow I'd be glad to know they are happier. Would I be risking more than helping if I removed my airstone? I've always used one in my old tank... but with a weaker pump and a much weaker filter. This new filter is extremely strong.
As I said all my fish do seem pretty happy at the moment, but I'd like to minimize stress risk if they don't like strong currents.
Any ideas would be greatfully appreciated.
Thanks
I've uploaded a clip of my aquarium here rather than just a photo in hope it might show a little more how much water movement there is... though I'm still not sure it's very clear.
http
/www.youtube.com/watch?v=cr2XrD6yWHs








