Too Many Fish?

CTlovesKS

Fish Herder
Joined
Apr 26, 2009
Messages
1,124
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Dorset
I asked at a local petshop what everyone goes to and talks about. And told them I have a 2.5Ft fish tank. They told me that would be okay to house...

1 Humbug
1 Syno Catfish
1 Rusty Plec
1 Clown Plec

&

3 Angelfish (Intill they get medium to big)
3 Dawrf Goramis
and some plattys or tetras

I asked me uncle that has been working with fish for awhile now and he said it sounds alright just add them together slowly... And I have asked different people in the same shop and different shops and they have said about the same thing.
 
give exact dimensions of your tank

what are you doing to do with the angels when they get "medium to big"
and what is a humbug? haha i thought it was just what Scrooge said.
 
As stated above, what would you do when the angels outgrew the tank?

I think its a bad idea to buy a fish with the intention of rehoming it, I'd only ever buy a fish for a too small tank if I had made concrete plans to get a bigger more suitable tank.

Whats a humbug, what type of syno catfish (theres loads, a scientific name would be ideal) and the dwarves are notoriously sickly and are best added to a mature tank - how longs yours been established?
 
humbug is a common name for the striped rapheal/talking catfish. nice fish but hide alot and grow slow
 
hi mate i defo wudnt be keeping the angels in there even if it is a temp home not really fair get them a bigger tank so you dont have to shift them about when they do get bigger and cause more stress to them and you have a lot of fish that will defo out grow your tank i.e talking catfish infact majority of your stock will outgrow your tank
 
I might sell them or the shop said I would be able to give them bck to shop and they would swap for smaller angelfish again
 

Most reactions

Back
Top