Tongue Fish Question

peppermint3078

Reaction score
Does anyone know any info on the tongue fish. Like, whats its scientific breed name? Care for it? and more....

I just bought one. Its really neat. All i know is that it eats Frozen Brine Shrimp.

I don't know anything about them but I'll move it to Oddballs where some pretty clever people reside that can probably help you out. :)

Hi peppermint3078

The Tonguefish is a type of Sole, from the family Cynoglossidae and here are 132 known species in the family ranging in size from 4.5 cm (Symphurus ommaspilus - Ocellated tonguefish) to about 70 cm ( Symphurus normani - Norman's tonguesole ) and the different species occupy all water conditions, Marine/Brackish/Fresh.
Try a search on Cynoglossus macrolepidotus and you should find a "Fishbase.org" match that lists the whole family.

HTH :D

Edit: Just to let you know how clever we really are here....I got the family name off of some frozen sole fillets :lol: :lol:

make sure they have a sandy area to hide out in. and as for food, i ve been feeding mine with live brine shrimp and blood worms, but ive heard of giving them baby vinegar eels also.

Most reactions

Back