Today i finished flourabasing!

fishykisses

Fishaholic
Reaction score
it took 2 full days to convert my 96G into a flourabase substrated planted tank.
What a HUGE job that was.
Anyway - here it is...i'm not sure if i planted the dwarf hairgrass correctly.
769ecd0c.jpg

what'cha think? any suggestions?
I'll be getting my co2 up and running early next week!

Hi,

Looks good. what a huge job! But I guess thats the only negative aspect to larger tanks is everything takes longer to do :)

If you have the patience try and split the hair grass into smaller bunches. I think the idea is if you can separate them into 2 or 3 strands each (lol I know...I never had the patience for this and my tank is probably a quarter the size of yours) it will carpet better..and I assume quicker. You could do a little bit each week.

looks good.
What all plants do you have in there?

Looks nice, but the big rocks dont really appeal to me. Maybe you should replace them with some driftwood.

Definatly take hondours advice and try and seperate the hairgrass into smaller strands, it will spread a lot quicker for you , if you had the patience you could even do individual strands with a tweezers, it can take hours, but thats what people do, it would look fantastic if you got it to spread over the whole foreground.

What type of co2 are you planning diy or pressurised?

I would also keep an eye on the water parameters after changing the substrate, just check Ph, Gh, Kh etc and make sure nothing is amiss or leaching from the new substrate, im sure it will be fine, but a good precaution.

But it looks good so far, i like what you have done.

Most reactions

Back