Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I've currently got a 55 gallon 100cm x 40cm x 55cm community tank that houses
X2 bosemani rainbows (was 4 originally)
1 dwarf neon rainbow (was 6 originally)
1 keyhole cichlid
1 opaline gourami
X6 zebra loaches

Moderately planted. Tetratec ex1200 & a fluval u4 for filtration. 7.6 tap & the tank is cycled & been so for 18mths.
I had plans to get a 6 foot tank & stock it with a larger group of bosemani rainbows. Unfortunately this will be a long time off now as we've had a baby!
I've pretty much decided to move the remaining bosemani as i don't feel 55 gallons is suitable for a group of them. I really love the dwarf rainbows but from what I've read they seem a bit weak at the moment so im a bit put off trying them again. my gourami is a bully on the keyhole so I'm thinking of him on too.

That leaves me with my zebras & keyhole. I'm thinking of upping the zebras & going with one large group of fish. I love rummynose tetra, Odessa barbs & tiger barbs

I'm at the point where I am about to give up on the plants & just go with the piece of bogwood I already have & get hold of some nice rocks

Your thoughts & ideas are welcomed

Precisely the reason for my user name :p

I'd go for ONE school of barbs, which ever you prefer. They're generally adaptable, beautiful and active!

Why give up on live plants? Anubias and bolbitis are nigh indestructible!

TooManyChoices said:
Precisely the reason for my user name :p
I'd go for ONE school of barbs, which ever you prefer. They're generally adaptable, beautiful and active!
Why give up on live plants? Anubias and bolbitis are nigh indestructible!
I've gone with rummynose. Picked up 6 yesterday, going to increase it to 15 steadily. As for plants I'll have ago with anubias and bolbitis before giving up! The various crypts i added a while back have done ok too so will prob try some more of them as well

Too Many Choices But Not Enough Room!

Never a truer word has been spoken! 
biggrin.png

A great quote!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back