To Lightning

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Anonymous Fox

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Dear Lightning,

you were the best, cutest, kindest, and adventurest hammy in the world. you were better at foraging and exploring than Bear Grylls, my little teddy bear. You were not spoiled, you liked your cage how it was, and you ate all your food. we did have our ups and downs, like when i woke you up to play, or you peed all down the front of my shirt. we both made mistakes, but i still loved you, no matter what. you loved the sweet taste of applesause, peach, and eggs, you almost died trying to get to your applesause one time. you got made when i stopped putting you in your car, but I put it in your cage and loved putting food and bedding in it, sleeping in it, then running on it, you were a music maker. You were happy when i gave you a big 9 inch wheel that squeeked. i though it was loud, but now i cant sleep without it. you never bit me, not even a nibble. you loved nibbling spider plants, though. you esaped your tank 4 times and your critter trail countless times. you were tough and always started fights with thunder, but that was my failt, i should of never put you together. I cried for days after you died, it hurts to think you can't come back. i went to feed you today, then relized i dident have to. i was half way into making you treats yesterday, then i relize they would go bad, i tried to hold you last night, then relize i couldent. i would rather give you a proper goodbye than a million dollars

tell your brother i love him. i will never, ever forget you

Lightning

July 25, 2019-May 6, 2021

1 year, 10 months

heart attack

lightning was my first hamster, she lived in my 47 gallon.

I am so sorry about your dear hamster? Lightning sounds like she was a real sweet girl, I am so sorry for your loss❤️

after posting this, i relize how childish hamsters sound, there really not for younger kids or a bignner pet in less youve done a ton of reashearch. like fish, they cant just live in a tiny fish bowl or tank with a small hide or fake plant, they wont thrive. i dont even really like that she lived in a 47 g (i would go a ton bigger, my next hammy is gonna live in a 5000 (hopeful) sq inch cage)

after posting this, i relize how childish hamsters sound, there really not for younger kids or a bignner pet in less youve done a ton of reashearch. like fish, they cant just live in a tiny fish bowl or tank with a small hide or fake plant, they wont thrive. i dont even really like that she lived in a 47 g (i would go a ton bigger, my next hammy is gonna live in a 5000 (hopeful) sq inch cage)
I have a rescue hamster, and I agree they need more than most people would assume! I am hoping to get a 40 gallon breeder size tank for mine. He was a surprise rescue (a girl gave him to my brother at a gas station randomly) so he is currently living in the setup my LPS sells, which is one of those tiny critter trail ones, which is not sufficient for his needs right now, but I agree with you!

pictures of the good times?
2021-05-09 (2).jpeg
this is Lightning
2021-05-09 (5).jpeg
2021-05-09 (4).jpeg
2021-05-09.jpeg
2021-05-09 (1).jpeg
this is Thunder

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back