Tmc V2 Compact 500

rcracer20071

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi,
I am stuck and confused regarding protein skimmers, basically my tank has been up and running for approaching a year, it is 180 litre tank and I have been running a prism protein skimmer which is rated for 150 litres, however it is noisy and is a right fiddle to get working once removed and cleaned, so I read up on the internet about what size protein skimmer to get. It is my understanding that biggder is better so I got the TMC V2 Compact 500 with is supposed to be for aqauriums up to 500 litres right?

Well after wearing it in, it was still pumping mass micro bubbles into the tank and looked like it was stressing out the fish even with the lowest settings, is it a faulty protein skimmer or did I get one that was too big for my tank?

Yes it is rated for tanks up to 500 litres.

In general most skimmers need time to bed-in, they are noisy and produce microbubbles into the tank, try turning down the air valve and see what happens - usually takes a couple of weeks for it to settle down

Seffi ex

I have the v2 compact 300, it too throws out alot of bubbles, just make sure that you have adequete sponge covering the outflow pipe into the tank, that should stop some of the bubbles.

Adam

I took the protein skimmer back in the end and got it replaced, the new one works brilliantly, thanks for your help folks.

Hi,
The new one worked well for a while and then the issue started to reoccur, so I took it back and got my money back. I am really suprised as I thought TMC V2 brand was supposed to be a good one, obviously I am not talking about their normal protein skimmers but I certainly will avoid their compact line moving forwards. So now I have gone back to running the prism protein skimmer.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back