Tmc Aquabeam 1500 Led Lights

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

kniesh

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Just bought 2 AquaBeam 1500 for my lighting but they don't seem to be that bright on the tank, anyone have experience with this? They are lighting up less then the 2 T8s I just took off, is this right?

They are useless in my opinion. I was very much interested in Aquabeam when they first were launched and purchased the linear LED arrays from TMC. I had four units at about £360 and they were a mammoth disappointment; interestingly they are just about suitable for my dad's fresh water setup. I think the prevailing opinion was that they are supplement lighting and not a prime light unit in their own right. For your money there are many more infinitely better units available for instance Kessil A350W or Reefbeam 120 which I use and they have serviced me well for several years. My preference is the Reefbeam 120 which retails at £380 and will allow you to keep Tridacna clams, SPS, LPS and Soft corals. All depends on your specifications my friend. 

Kindest regards

Joe

Thanks for that reply, very informative, guess I'm sticking to easy lighting Corals for now. Bit disappointing really, definitely need another one too, it doesn't look like 2 cover the whole tank either.

Most reactions

Back