Tire Track Eel tank mates?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

stellablu

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
He is just about 5" long right now, but what are some suitable tankmates for him?

I'm not concerned with adult size because he'll be moving into a much larger tank once we move into our new house so we'll have the room for larger fish.

The thing is, I'm not much into the whole freshwater tank set-up. I have a few FW tanks, but some of them are oddballs too. A tank of Dwarf Puffers, a tank with a African Dwarf Frog, a tank with a Pleco (needs a mate), and a tank with two medium Orandas and a Black Moor. Otherwise I'm a brackish/SW girl. I don't like mollies (currently trying to net my Black molly and her 16 fry to give to LFS) and I find most freshwater fish kind of drab. Sooooo, having said that...

What are the most interesting tankmates suitable for a Tire Track, or Spiny, Eel? While he's smaller can he live with an ADF? I can't put my Dwarf Puffers in, I know that much. Can I put my Pleco in, as they both can get considerably larger?

Thanks in advance!

he will be fine with your plec.

what size tank do you have at the moment?

tyre track eels will get on with most other fish as long as they don't damge there skin or small enough for the eel to eat them.

I'ved got my small one in with american cihclids, plecs, pims and a few other bits!!

He's in a 20g long tank right now. Perhaps later down the road I'll buy a couple of cichlids...I do like them quite a bit. :) Thanks!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back