Time to move tank

MamaPish

Fishaholic
Reaction score
well, my shelf is almost finished, I am moving my 29 gal there till I get my bowfront.
The part I am putting the tank on has been dry for a couple of days, but I put another coat of paint on the wall behind it today, still some fumes, but it is a water based semi-gloss paint....not an aerasol(sp), and I still have some trim and the base to paint......is the tank going to be okay, or do I need to have it completely finished before moving it? There are no fish in the tank....yet, would like to move them tonight or tomorrow, but I need to get the tank out of the kitchen so I can ...start....finishing the ceramic tile and grout :S

I will add a shot of the new shelves :D after I get the kids down for a nap :S :hyper: :S
Thanks,

the fumes from a water based paint will affect you more than the tank. Just to be safe throw a plastic tarp over the tank until the fumes are gone. no fish in the tank so it really should not be a problem.

well this very same question was asked before and i think the conclusion depends on who you ask some said to seal up your tank completly like some kind of panic room and some others like myself suggested just turning off the air pump and sealing up any large gaps. tho one lady did say she put the air pump outside the room, cover the tank with tarp and it was fine. i hope you get some good advice if i find the post i will edit in a link for you moma :)

as promised and in relatively good time also here is the link

Thx jamnog.....
I had not even thought about this much until now, but I have a 2 gallon with my betta in the room where I am painting...also a 10 gallon with an angel and 2 guppies, have done nothing to protect them from the fumes...but they are on the other side of my bedroom, and I do keep a fan going in there at all times.
I just thought that since the paint would be so close to this tank it might be harmful, but I will just put some plastic over it and open the window.....and I will wait till Saturday to move the fish in.

Thanks all....

Most reactions

Back