Tigers and Goldens

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

A

AquaNut

Just wondering if my golden barbs would be alright in with my tiger barbs. I've had both for a long time, but in separate tanks. There are 8 tigers and 7 goldens. The tigers are presently sharing a 33 with a few loaches, and there's definitely room for some more fishies.

so long as they're all a similar size, they'll be fine. my lfs has them in together - they look dead good :nod:

Thanks for the quick reply. I know that the goldens are so much milder natured than the tigers are; I wasn't sure if the tigers would hassle them or not. None of the barbs are too tiny, although I did add a few more goldens to beef up my school a couple of months back. They were instantly accepted by the larger fish and there haven't been any problems. Likewise, I added some pretty little tiger barbs to my existing school a few months back and they were easily accepted into the shoal.

With that number of Tigers, I would expect them to keep themselves to themselves. You are right, however, Goldens are very passive fish and will become thoroughly miserable if anything starts chasing them around.

Tigers are basically upper tank, Goldens lower. I'd try it, but be prepared to pull them out if it goes pear shaped.

Most reactions

trending

Back