Tiger Barbs

i have 7 Tiger Barbs in my tank, they squabble between themselves but are pushed around by the red line torpedo barbs and my Kribensis
 
Definately no room in a 60L tank for 6 TB's, in fact I wouldnt put them in anything less than a 3footer as they do need to be in bigger groups IMO and 60L just isnt big enough.

Ive kept TB's in the past and love them to bits, great fish, but as already said they need to be in groups of at least 8, the bigger the group the better, I never had any problems with mine with other fish in the tank, I had a group of 12 and they kept to themselves, sure they argued amongst themselves but Im not sure they even noticed the other fish as they were so busy.
 
HI everybody I was on a specialised puffer forum and the people there have told me that i couldnt reli fit two puffers in my 60 litre so no more fish shall be added.
 
Definately no room in a 60L tank for 6 TB's, in fact I wouldnt put them in anything less than a 3footer as they do need to be in bigger groups IMO and 60L just isnt big enough.

Ive kept TB's in the past and love them to bits, great fish, but as already said they need to be in groups of at least 8, the bigger the group the better, I never had any problems with mine with other fish in the tank, I had a group of 12 and they kept to themselves, sure they argued amongst themselves but Im not sure they even noticed the other fish as they were so busy.
I have 3 tiger barbs and 2 green tiger barbs. They completely ignore evry other fish in the tank and they are healthy and seem happy. They fight each other about once every month but it's never to damage, only to obtain higher pecking order.

I have also found these fish to be pretty intelligent. They seem to react differently to me than to other people and they all swim to the front of the tank at the regular feeding time, and whenever they see me open the small part of the lid or hold the fish food in my hand.

Not a problem having 6 tiger barbs in a 60 litre and they won't bother anything in there. It's the puffers destroying the barbs which could be a problem.
 
apple snail iwasn't aware were coldwater oops will look into that one

the goldie was only temporary i know they shouldn't be together but they had to go somewhere for whilst their tank was totally taken down sold and the newone set up they were there less than a week.

all went in together as babies
 
i love tiger barbs did a display around them, had 10 green and 10 normal in a 550 litre tank, well they still hated each other, pentazonas seem a more peaceful option it would seem though i dont have alot of experiance with pentazonas and other fish other then the odd tetra and barbs.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top