Tiger barbs and cories..

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

rsz

Cheddar: classic or cliche?
Reaction score
I'm doing up my 20 gal tank at the moment, and I'm planning on putting a school of 10 green tiger barbs in it. I know about their agression and the fact that they like to nip fins, but I just wanted to know whether they would get along with a trio of cories..

Thanks in advance..

rsz

NO. Based on EXPERIENCE they will not, the tiger barbs will chase the cories out of their hiding place and nip their fins, absolutly no

in my experience, no problem at all. I currently have 13 Tiger barbs, 7 cories (3 albino, 4 bronze), and 4 clown loach. I've never noticed, or seen evidence of, any fins being nipped on anything.. the TB's and clown loach all swim together, and leave the cories, to do that cory thing! :cool:

TB's are fine with cories, but a 20gallon with 10 TB's??? they should have at least a 3 foot tank...so many people seem to be putting them in 10 and 20g tanks lately...but they get large, produce a lot of waste, and are extremly active....they deserve a longer tank IMO ... not to mention 10 tb's = 30" of fish already...say you add a school of cories you're looking at over 40/45" of fish in a 20g :dunno:

Echo abstract actually, my thoughts exactly.

Most reactions

Back