three questions

fishman6247

Reaction score
ok i got three really quick questions

First is i have two australian rainbows and two glass fish. Is there anyway to tell the gender because i have no idea for them.

I also have 5 neon tetras. Now i no they wont just breed in the community tank but what are the major conditions for neon tetras to breed.

The last question is abotu Ich. Now i noticed that one of my neon tetras had it very noticable last night and a few other fish had small amounts. This morning it seem like the white spots on the tetra have shrunk and some are missing. Does that mean it fought it back? Any really good products for treating it because i know tetras can be sensative?

Thanks for the help

Sorry I have been very lucky and have not had an experience with ich yet. So Im no help there. I do have rainbowfish. Boesmanis are pretty easy to sex. The females are very subtle in colour while the male is more vibrant. But with my parkinsonis I was not able to sex them for quite a while. Generally the males are more robust in their body and finnage than the females.( which you can only really notice when they are near each other. When they are a little more mature you should be able to tell them apart, just by those differences. If they all are still exactly the same, then chances are you have all the same sex.imo. But I havent had austrailians so Im no expert. Maybe someone else can verify.

Treat the ich as soon as possible with one of the hundreds of commercially available treatments. It has a life cycle, so if the spots have disappeared it means it has entered its free-swimming stage and now is when it's vulnerable (while looking for a new fish host). Act now or you will have serious problems.

As above, not likely it's gone away.
Rid-Ich+ should be safe for your tetras.

Most reactions

Back