Threadjacking Policy

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, over 100 posts were moved.
I hope you don't mind this and I thought about it. But it has to do with the conversation at hand. If this isn't allowed here than please delete my post.
Yes it is meant to be funny.
giphy (1).gif

(Sorry again if it wasn't allowed)

This is a good example of the type of thing we mean that should not be posted in the fish related forums. I will allow this just once but from now on gifs in inappropriate places will be deleted.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope you don't mind this and I thought about it. But it has to do with the conversation at hand. If this isn't allowed here than please delete my post.
View attachment 163196
When you have to explain your actions before posting

Ok back to the thread on hand which is about not doing what we just did 🤣

Roger that, WILCO, and guilty as charged. I am, by definition, Pointless :)
💡 Personally I think this is being done to drive up the thread count metrics. :D
A point in all directions is like no point at all 🤣

What if you side tack your own thread ? What if the answer to the question has already been answered and the valuable information is already there to read ? This is going to be a lot more moderating for the mod squad also

What if you side tack your own thread ? What if the answer to the question has already been answered and the valuable information is already there to read ? This is going to be a lot more moderating for the mod squad also
I side track my own IRL conversations so I can see this happening on-thread, drives my wife crazy.
I presume that if there is a potential interesting side-topic related to the OP, a BLUF (Bottom Line Up Front) synopsis could be given with a link to the spawned thread in the appropriate sub-forum. That way if the reader wants to dive down the rabbit hole, he has path to find it.

Personally I think this is a brilliant rule.

I'm new here so I don't want to offend or ruffle feathers but as a newbie, it is indeed very difficult to use the forum wih all the sillyness happening.

It makes the search function in particular incredibly difficult to use because you find a thread that is relevant, but then you have to trawl through pages and pages of silly posts before finding anything that's actually useful.

I do post sometimes, but often decide not to because posts just get lost in amongst all the other stuff, so it seems pointless posting anything.

Like I said, it's just my opinion and I am new, so I accept that I'm not 'part of the group' so to speak, but it has been off-putting for me and I am sure it has been for other visitors too.
You are fine and I agree with you. Sometimes there are posts where I am trying to help figure out a problem and have to go through pages of posts that aren't really useful. It makes it difficult to follow the thread or provide solutions because you have to go up and down pages trying to find the last informative comment that had something to do with the actual thread. Sometimes I just give up :(

Another aspect of this, and one I tend to be guilty of, is posting a question and then adding another question in the same thread. This tends to cause confusion and lessens the chance of getting a good answer for either.

Another is the dreaded "I have a similar issue" posts where your issues seems to be like another but, in fact, it probably is not. It is always best to start a new thread.

View attachment 163196
I really don't know why the moderators allow you to keep doing this sort of thing, it is completely beyond me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back