Thousands of baby shrimp, no eggs to be seen

MrDankYT

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I bought 15 wild neocaridina shrimp, and let me tell you, they're so cool, you'll see new patterns emerge, like a tiger pattern or blotches, and new colors such as green or red come out of nowhere, but I have a mystery, I see thousands of baby shrimp emerge out of thin air but I have never in my entire time of having them seen a shrimp with eggs! Now I do have a good hiding spot for them, which is a decorative shipwreck for them to hide in in case shrimp start throwing hands or something, is that where they go? The tank is a bare bottom, cold water, sponge filtered 70 liter tank with good lighting.

They are incredibly good at hiding. This is what you are looking for
20180525_154315-jpg.87831

This is a saddled female before the eggs drop...
smg_5638-jpg.87717

I also have a shrimp/guppy tank for ghost shrimp, would like to see a picture or two of yours. I have had no luck so far with having any baby shrimp. I am currently making arrangements to remove the guppies since they have been eating the shrimp when they molt :mad:

Attachments

• 20200117_210609.jpg
    20200117_210609.jpg
    271.2 KB · Views: 73
Put in some sand and plants if you want to see them more. They are more inclined to hide before / during the moult and when they are berried. With more plants they will feel more secure and won't need to hide under the ornament or rocks.

Most reactions

Back