this should be added to the 10 rules post at top

pharoh08

Reaction score
i think this should be added to the 10 questions thing, because the fis rule, rules like this realy only work with small non aggresive fish, and there is to many thing s to consider to make a general rule for all fish

"'for stocking allways consider, full grown lenght ,the tank should allways be as atleat 1 and 1/2 the length of the fish wide (1 1/2 fish length should = tank width ) this is just a minium, aggresive fish often need more room that a less aggresive fish. also consider the fish compatability and behavoir, this is real important to consider in the decoration of your tank."

thats what i think should be added, ive seen alot of stocking mess ups on this site.

i mean the way alot of you keep bettas i sad,in my opion and most of the top fish ppl on the net and outside , beleive that a betta should have a 2 gallon minium of larger. and something that you dont pour out every week and just refil, like those vases. i know for a fact they are unhealthy , the average life span for a betta in one of those is 2-3 years the life span for a betta with preoper care is 7+ years

this is just the tip of it i could go on for hours but im not going to! :no:

How many bettas you know that have lived over 7 years?? :blink: (If we're talking about Betta splendens)

Well mine was 3.5 or so years old when mine died and I thought he had a good life. ;) and he was in a 10g. Have you personally had a betta splenden for 7 years?

well right now my oldest ones are 3 at a little over 5 years and the rest are still under 4 but they are all still alive , and actually were talking about the whole betta familly except forest betta, dont know scientific name. but im waiting for the site to find the statement , i know it was done by a univerity and they came up with 7 years when keep in the right conditions, but i gotta find the site cause i was stupid and didnt bookmark it

Wow, 7 years? I always thought bettas only lived for 2.5-3 years. I'll never catch on to these community fish. :unsure:

thats the new rumor that has popped up in the last few years since the vase thing has appeared. they tell you that cause they usually only live about that in a vase, plus thats already off considering they are 1-2 years old when sold, than consider it already raises it to 4 at the least. but the point is they live longer and do better in a bigger tank. but if you keep them before about 5 years ago, they would have told you they lived atleast 5 years from the time you bought them from the store,

im surprised how few ppl relize how similar this is to the whole goldfish thing. :angry:

smb said:
Wow, 7 years? I always thought bettas only lived for 2.5-3 years

We're talking about Betta splendens. It usually lives about 2-3 years, female usually longer. Pharoh08 is talking some other fishes...

actually i was talking about betta splendens, and they live way longer than 2 or 3 years
, they are already 1 years at the least when sold , so by you info ppl would rarley have them more than 2 years , and most ppl say they noramlly keep them 3 years that already raises it to 4, and thats even low, look into the natural ones they live 7+ , the only betta that lives 2-3 years is the forest betta, go find a book made atleast 10 years ago. that list life span they will all say longer than 2-3 years, unfortunally that has become the life span for most.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back