This Is Funny.......

Faythee

Fish Herder
Joined
Oct 30, 2007
Messages
1,039
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
Florida, USA
Maybe I have a strange sense of humor, but.........

Ebay# 370041656389

Whay are they calling it that ? :blink:
 
What the ****?

Unless its a broken poop deck, or maybe it's modelled from...........................
 
What the ****?

Unless its a broken poop deck, or maybe it's modelled from...........................

I think it is supposed to be one of those old containers that were used to carry the poop on the decks of ships (hence the phrase poop deck) - and it is broken. I dunno. Seems kinda silly to me too.
 
Maybe poop stands for "Pirates order our pizza" or somthing like that.
 
... carry the poop on the decks of ships (hence the phrase poop deck) ...

No, this isn't right. The phrase "poop deck" comes from the French word for the stern, la poupe, and has nothing whatsoever to do with bodily functions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poop_deck

If it were termed correctly, it would be called the stern deck in English, but words have a way of crossing languages and sticking, so today we have poop deck.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top