Tequila goodeid died out of nowhere

Sgooosh3

Fish Maniac
Tank of the Month 🏆
2x Fish of the Month 🌟
Joined
Dec 3, 2020
Messages
7,387
Reaction score
3,371
Points
113
Location
United States
Hi everyone, I raised a stunted tequila goodied male alongside characodons for only 1 year and he has already died. No fish were acting strange and he was seemingly fine a day ago. Is there anything I should be watching out for? Do they die of hunger easily?
 
I tried a group in my hard water 45 gallon, but that tank has proven not to be good for me yet…
 
It's impossible to say. They should live longer, but things happen, even in ideal circumstances.
Sudden Unexplained Fish Death . It happens to us all .
thank you, that reassures me in a way. I think it might have been because he was severely stunted when i got him. He was an accidental catch or something, and he had his full adult coloration at a very small size, so I don't know how old he even was. He started to grow to his full size after I introduced him to my big tank and made a miraculous recovery.

Maybe his age was getting to him, or his organs weren't good to start off with... I'm sad to have lost him though, maybe he died of grief because i couldn't find him a girlfriend?....
 
maybe he died of grief because i couldn't find him a girlfriend?....
My neighbour's basement dwelling son keeps claiming this is a possibility, but. He's just never going to meet a woman who looks like Super Mario.

I think when a fish dies suddenly, we have to try to figure out why. You look at the body. Nothing shows? Then you check the water, the conditions, your set up, your routines. If nothing jumps out, then it's just what happens. You make an effort to understand, but we aren't much more equipped than than doctors were in the pre-scientific era. We look at the situation and make our best guess. We can't see inside the fish, where it all happens.
 
Being stunted can cause horrible health issues.
 
My neighbour's basement dwelling son keeps claiming this is a possibility, but. He's just never going to meet a woman who looks like Super Mario.

I think when a fish dies suddenly, we have to try to figure out why. You look at the body. Nothing shows? Then you check the water, the conditions, your set up, your routines. If nothing jumps out, then it's just what happens. You make an effort to understand, but we aren't much more equipped than than doctors were in the pre-scientific era. We look at the situation and make our best guess. We can't see inside the fish, where it all happens.
haha, yeah I'm definitely sad but there could be so many things that could have went wrong before I even got him. no idea where he even came from, as he was an accidental catch
Being stunted can cause horrible health issues.
Zoogoneticus tequila females can be very rough on males; you spared him from constant abuse.
Ain’t that the ever lovin’ truth ! 🤣
haha, I never even knew that. my characodons are always so calm around each other
 

Most reactions

Back
Top