this is BS

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

I could post a link directly to this topic on the negative feedback.

On top of suing him for $3.47 to go get a new betta.
I wouldn't even care if it cost me several hundred bucks to drag him down.
And get his ebay account closed down. :whistle:

How much trouble could you get in for setting up a fake account, bidding, never paying, but leaving him some EXTREMELY negative feedback? :devil: The negative feedback you'd get wouldn't matter, since you wouldn't use the account later on. :whistle:

Please note: I have NEVER done this.

Ok, I really don't agree with what this guy is doing. But, emailing him constantly will only get you guys in trouble. He can report you for harassment at Ebay, as well as harrassment to the police I am sure. We will never be able to stop money hungry people from making money. It is impossible. Not everyone loves fish like we do.

I hate to rain on everyone's parade. At least the tank holds 1/2G of water. Most disgusting tanks hold way less than that. I really do like the idea of the tank, but not the idea of the tiny hole in the top. It seems to me that he makes these himself. Maybe a nice email suggesting he make the hole big enough to gently place the betta inside? I know most people, including myself, do not think 1/2G is enough, but a friend of mine has her bettas in 1/2G tanks, and they are extremely happy. Rude emails get people no where, but possibly in trouble.

I don't have any issues with the size of the tank either, IF the water is changed out regularly. I HATE those holes on the top, the fact that several times in getting the betta into and out of the tank and during water changes the fish's life is put in danger, and the fact that the frequency of water changes he recommends here will also put the fish in danger makes me IRATE and at that point, I think a somewhat harsh toned email is warranted...

While I completely agree with you - you'll catch more flies with honey than with vinegar, etc. ... I admit - I am MUCH different than most people in the sense that I am a lot bolder than most. BUT (I do have a big BUT here, hee hee!), I have emailed, called or took on face to face these kind of folks many many MANY times for many, many different reasons. Far too many times to count. They are their own breed, that's for sure. They know they're doing something wrong, and even if you try to be the kind of person who tries to offer helpful suggestions, they blast you right back, or they just don't even bother to respond to you at all unless what you write ruffles their feathers. I would rather give them something to be irritated about and remember me and make them feel guilty every single time they sell another one of these things than just blow off my nice fluffy email and not respond to me because they're making their money and just don't care.

But, as I said, I'm different than most people and maybe a bit more harsh, but it does get me results.

And remember - I do agree with you. When I can, I always try to take the level headed approach but sometimes it just doesn't work. :)

And just for the record - I only emailed him once but he never responded. I'm not surprised.

eBay hasn't responded to my email either. They must be on his side...

I have a friend who has a friend (I know that sounds like I am totally making this up, but it's true!!!) who works at eBay. She's actually a criminal investigator - and her job is to investigate claims of things that people are selling and make sure they're legal and w/in the eBay guidelines. She said they get hundreds upon hundreds of things that come in that they need to look at every day so maybe it just takes them ages to get back to people? Maybe they're looking into it more?

my friends mom works with ebay and i eamiled her directly and she said that she will talk to the head of things and what not :p and they may make a rule that states: an item cannot and shallnot be sold for a fish unless it is 1G or higher! and if there is an item being sold for fish that is less than 1G you will be reported to pay a 300$ fee to ebay itself and you will be suspended for 3 weeks from the site!

300$ :blink: guess to keep the sight up

EBay just emailed me. They said that they will check into them for the good of the betta fish. They said that because I listed so many it would take several days for them to check them all, and she also said they have tons of letters that come in everyday about stuff like that, and they have to make sure it's not an overreaction to a seemingly "ok" situation.

In other words we dont promise you anything, but we'll look into them. We thank you for your concerns for the betta fish...

O yeah, they said they dont feel the need to let me know how their reviews go and wont email me again, unless I need to give them more information about these items.

My comment regarding getting in trouble about constantly emailing someone was actually in response to another post in this thread. I don't agree with what this guy is doing. I don't disagree with how others are responding to it. I am very bold too and choose my battles. I usually choose to stay out of battles I know I can't win. It causes me way too much stress, and frankly it isn't worth it. I suppose that thinking that the other person was irritated by an email, or feels guilty afterwards could give me some satisfaction, but TBH, I think the guy is laughing at all the emails he gets. I read his meager feedback. A couple were from people buying his tanks. They are happy and that is all he cares about.

BTW, I too have a friend that works at Ebay. I may contact him and see if there is more we can do to stop people selling stuff like this. I know that someone emailed the seller that makes the betta bowls on terracotta pots and asked about getting one in a 1G size. That seller replied saying yes. I just wonder if asking this guy to make the hole big enough to fit your hand inside would work. Better yet, ask him if he can make it so the entire top is open like a normal tank, with perhaps a lip so a lid can be fixed on top. Perhaps one could request a bigger size? I really like the look of the tank, if only it were bigger and I didn't need a funnel to put my fish in it.

About him suggesting water changes every 3-4 weeks. I know that there are a lot of ignorant people out there that would listen to his advice, however, if someone from this forum got a tank like that, do you think they would? Or someone even partially knowledgable about bettas? I would suggest asking him to change his video to reflect this. And using tap water. I know you did BettaMomma, but I wonder if he even registered it. The tone of your email was rude, and if it was sent to me I would have deleted it after reading the first one or two sentences. I also agree with you, BM, I just don't agree with how you approached it. As I know we are probably both very strong headed people, I am going to say that we will have to agree to agree on some things and to agree to disagree with others.

In fact, I have talked myself into emailing this guy. I just want to see if I can open the lines of communication with him. Perhaps my persuasiveness will work. I have been told in the past I can talk anyone into anything and they don't even realize I am doing it. I can make them think it was their idea in the first place. I have a great ability to change peoples minds and when I can't I usually never talk to them again :whistle:

Its not the gallonae, its more the dimensions. Its something like 8x8x3. All my bettas are over that (3in) if you include the tail. And it should be counted, having your tail half folded over all the time because the tanks not big enough isn;t too good. No reply for me either, I think our best bet is to take up the matter with Ebay, PETA etc. Besides, I don't care about getting banned for harrassment :) I have pretend details for the account and didn't have to put in my credit card. This account is soley for complaints, and I don't care if I get banned. I'll just make another BT subaccount :)

Funny, I emailed the guy last night. I got a reply today.

This is the email I sent.

"Hi there, I came across your auction today and I have a few questions if you don't mind.

Do you make these tanks yourself? If so, can you get them in a bigger size? I would be interested in purchasing at least one and most probably more if I could get it in a 1 gallon or bigger. I really am not sure 1/2 gallon is big enough for any fish.

I am kinda concerned about the size of the hole in the top too. I would be much more comfortable if the hole was at least 1/2 the size of the top of the tank. I prefer to catch my bettas in my hands when I am changing their water, and I am pretty sure my hand won't fit in there :) I also change my water really frequently, like 2 times a week, I wouldn't want to stress my babies out by pouring them through a hole if you know what I mean.

I really hope you make these yourself, so that it may be possible to make these modifications.

Thanks so much and I am looking forward to hearing from you,

Fish Enthusiast (especially bettas!)

He does not make the tanks himself. He gets them from somewhere else. I am going to email him again and ask where he gets the tanks from so that I may contact the manufacturer. Also, his reply was very polite, however short it was.

Just goes to show what a little bit of compassion will get you.

Most reactions

Back