Thinking Of Re-scaping Tank (plants Destroyed) / Quieter Airpump

ChilliPepper

Fish Gatherer
Joined
Oct 1, 2008
Messages
2,133
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I have a planted tank, which used to be beautiful, the plants were growing well. Unfortunately I got some Rosy Barbs who, although they are nice fish, have destroyed my plants :angry: I know it's them because my plants were fine before they were added.
They haven't touched my Anubias Nubla (sp?) I have growing on some bogwood, but have had their little teeth into most other things, particularly favouring the Amazon Sword and Vallis :angry:

Just wondering whether I should remove all real plants, aside from the Anubias, and replace with life-like silk ones, or find some nasty-to-taste-to-barbs plants to replace them with?

Also, my airpump is very loud. It's a Tetra one. Any recommendations for a very quiet airpump which will sort out a 190L tank, or possibly my little Betta's small hexagonal tank as well? Then I can sell both Tetra airpumps.

Thanks!
 
I have a planted tank, which used to be beautiful, the plants were growing well. Unfortunately I got some Rosy Barbs who, although they are nice fish, have destroyed my plants :angry: I know it's them because my plants were fine before they were added.
They haven't touched my Anubias Nubla (sp?) I have growing on some bogwood, but have had their little teeth into most other things, particularly favouring the Amazon Sword and Vallis :angry:

Just wondering whether I should remove all real plants, aside from the Anubias, and replace with life-like silk ones, or find some nasty-to-taste-to-barbs plants to replace them with?

Also, my airpump is very loud. It's a Tetra one. Any recommendations for a very quiet airpump which will sort out a 190L tank, or possibly my little Betta's small hexagonal tank as well? Then I can sell both Tetra airpumps.

Thanks!


I hear the onion plant is good because it does not taste all that good to most fish. You should have posted this in the plant section.
 
cant really help with the palnts but as far as the air pump gos i used to have a tetra 1 it was crap . very loud and the rubber diaphragms tore after 3 months. i bought an eheim 1 much better almost silent plus comes with 2 adjustable diffusers . i highly reccomend them.

also it was actually cheaper than the tetra pump.
 
cant really help with the palnts but as far as the air pump gos i used to have a tetra 1 it was crap . very loud and the rubber diaphragms tore after 3 months. i bought an eheim 1 much better almost silent plus comes with 2 adjustable diffusers . i highly reccomend them.

also it was actually cheaper than the tetra pump.

Second vote for the Eheim pump, i replaced a tetra APS100 with an Eheim 3702 and the pump is virtually silent. I have mine mounted on a hook on the underside of the tank stand.

If anythink the bubbles now make too much noise!
 
Thanks, I'll go for the Eheim then :D

I may swap my Barbs for some more Columbians or Phantoms, at least I know the rest of the fish don't touch the plants and then hopefully the plants will grow again.

I didn't post in the plants bit as I had a few questions to ask in this one. Probably should have separated them for different sections!
 
I have the Eheim air pump 200, has two outlets and comes with two adjustable diffusers (and one short air line ;) ) and would definitely recommend it. I actually ordered the 100 model off ebay, but received the 200. Winner! :good:
 
Thanks, yes I have bought the Eheim 3702, so looking forward to putting the air pump back on in my tank :good:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top