Thinking About ...

they are! I've just seen one flick on a leaf ... I hope that's not a bad sign

i like boring old photos :p

Thats, of course, if you can take decent pics of these quick little fish ;)

But thats good they're in the qt for now, hope they are a healthy bunch and adds more colour to your tank when they eventually are put in your main tank :)

they're gonna have to double in size to be safe from the angels so they'll be in this tank a while. They're eating really well, I'm feeding 3 times a day right now. They really like the Tetra Prima and on Saturday they managed some bloodworms and filled their little tummies right up.

No sign of any illness in them and they're still actively schooling. Hopefully they'll continue to do well

I have two cardinals left from my group of ten I used to have. They were amazing to watch. At first though for a few months they were shy always hiding. I had them about 4 years now and they are super comfortable they come to the top for feeding. They used to dart around my tank with one leading the group. Swim through this pot I had in there it was amazing to watch.

My angels have not been bothered by them. But then again they are half the size of your angels.

I have danios also. These guys are crazy. They are literally like adhd fish. They even unsettle my angels sometimes with their crazy antics. But my angels arnt bothered by them, as in would nip them. Actually my angels just seem to squabble amongst themselves.

Angels are so hit and miss I feel as I too was being attacked when aquascaping or just taking dead leaves out of the tank. I put my finger in and they go right for it. Even my danios attack my hand.

thanks for that Asteria. I'm watching the angels closely and watching for more aggressive behaviour. She's calmed down a bit in the last two days or so. I blame hormones.

As to my harleys --- well remember the sick one with the cysts? Just found it dead. It was alive last night so it died sometime today

yeah, did my best but it was weak. I noticed last night that it was swimming oddly so I suspected it was done for. Hey-ho I have 10 new one's as replacement

I wish you could all see what I'm watching right now. It's just too CUTE!

My new harley's are loving the new filter system I put in for them. I had my Interpet mini filter in to begin with but it wasn't giving enough flow and they started getting lethargic so I took it out and replaced it for the larger Interpet PF1. I have a fudged spray bar for this filter that I made from half piece of spray bar that came with my big externals and a piece of filter pipe that fits on the end of both the bar and the filter outlet nozzle.

I've got it turned slightly upwards and facing the front glass so it's rippling the surface but the harley's now like to play a game of swimming to one end of the tank then letting the flow take them back to the other end. A group is waiting at the end and they swap places - it's like watching kids play tag!! They're back and forth doing this for hours. They love it!!

I've tried to video it but they stop when I go near the tank! 

Akasha72 said:
I wish you could all see what I'm watching right now. It's just too CUTE!

My new harley's are loving the new filter system I put in for them. I had my Interpet mini filter in to begin with but it wasn't giving enough flow and they started getting lethargic so I took it out and replaced it for the larger Interpet PF1. I have a fudged spray bar for this filter that I made from half piece of spray bar that came with my big externals and a piece of filter pipe that fits on the end of both the bar and the filter outlet nozzle.

I've got it turned slightly upwards and facing the front glass so it's rippling the surface but the harley's now like to play a game of swimming to one end of the tank then letting the flow take them back to the other end. A group is waiting at the end and they swap places - it's like watching kids play tag!! They're back and forth doing this for hours. They love it!!

I've tried to video it but they stop when I go near the tank!

Boooo!  

I persevered and got a video eventually but now photobucket won't let me upload it. Everytime I try I get an error. If anyone know's another way to post a video you can all watch them being super cute otherwise I can't help

Akasha72 said:
I persevered and got a video eventually but now photobucket won't let me upload it. Everytime I try I get an error. If anyone know's another way to post a video you can all watch them being super cute otherwise I can't help

Boooo!

(It worked last time!)  
biggrin.png

Most reactions

Back