Thinking About ...

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Don't you have another tank in which to keep them?

Akasha,
So sorry to hear about all the troubles in your tank. I do hope the little Harley gets well.
As for your Angels...well, we do know they are Cichlids. Absolutely beautiful, but they are the main reason I have four Angels in three tanks.
Regrets about getting them? Yes, sometimes.

thanks guys and no, I can't move them. I would if I could. I do still have my old Juwel rekord 800 but it's in the shed at the moment. I'm hoping when I finally get to move that there will be room for both tanks. The angels will remain in the 4ft with the SAE's and palmeri tetra's and the cories but curviceps, harleys and oto's will go into the 800 where they can live in the peace that they really need. I honestly didn't think curviceps would stressed by the angels - him being a cichlid himself - but he is bothered by them. When they are going nuts he darts into the plants and hides and I now have to feed him seperately as he won't compete with them for food

I do care about all my fish but I'm struggling to love my angels some days

Are you sure the angels couldn't go in the 800 by themselves?

110 litres should be more than enough for the two of them by themselves, and in the larger 200 litres you can have a nice community tank. If I remember correctly the curviceps are getting on a bit, so I'm sure they'd enjoy some peace and quiet.

That is, if you will have room for both tanks, obviously.

On the other hand, my offer for discus is still open, I still have plenty, and I'm sure they'd enjoy your soft soft water.
Harrogate Borough Council is soon to become a customer of the company where I work and I'm sure I can find an excuse to come up there and deliver them.

I'd love discus, but then I'd love a gold severum too. I know when I was considering the angels I was considering the discus and sev at the same time. Sometimes I think I made my choice too quickly.

The angels have been in the 800 together to see if they would breed and raise some young. The male sat in the corner staring at the wall whilst the female laid eggs all by herself. Once she'd done he'd sweep in and eat them all. He wasn't a happy fish which was why I moved them back in to the 240. I think he needs dither fish where she doesn't. She's the boss, I see him as the poor hen-pecked husband.

I only have my male curviceps left, the female committed suicide last year (jumped out of the tank unseen and was found hours later dead and dried up - I cried) He's been struggling since she died but because he's getting old I've decided not to try and find him a new mate. He'll be coming up for about 4 or 5 years old now and so may not live much longer.
The best idea would be to allow the angels to go mad with fish that are their equal. The palmeri tetra's are equally aggressive and the SAE's are bolshy too so they'd make good tank mates.
I could get rid of the angels fairly easily. I'm sure someone on the angelfish forum would bite my hand off for them but right now I'm not up for making that decision. It's a decision for later 

Fair enough. 

If you decide to move the rasboras in the 800, you might consider getting some more asian fish, such as some gourami and kuhli loaches, or just use it for a rasbora breeding project.

called at the lfs today and they have some cardinals in that are bigger and I think it might work you know. I doubt very much that the angels would be able to swallow them ... not without choking

Akasha72 said:
called at the lfs today and they have some cardinals in that are bigger and I think it might work you know. I doubt very much that the angels would be able to swallow them ... not without choking

Very cool.

I saw my female angel nip at a cory last night and then I saw one of my panda's with a tatty dorsal fin. If I see her do that again the angels will no longer be a problem because they will be re-homed

Ah yes, the unbreakable law of C.A., mess with my Corys and you are no longer welcome here.

indeed PJM. No-one messes with my cories. I did spot one of the palmeri tetra's nip at a cory this morning too so maybe it's a tetra that's torn the cories fin

Hi, my name is PepperjacksMama, and I am a Cory addict.
So having two doctors appointments today, one morning, one afternoon, I just took the day off. So to kill time I hit a local shop. Well, there was one lonely Albino Cory.
And we all know what happened next...

oh dear ... you brought it home with you didn't you ... there is no hope for us!

Ten new harelquins have landed. They're in the little Q tank. I've got to say I've never seen them school like these are. They're just following each other all over the tank in their little group. They look really good and I don't think they've got anything but they are really small so they'll stay in this tank for a few weeks until I'm feeling brave enough to risk moving them into the big tank.

Photo's later :)

Most reactions

Back