Thinking About Moving To The Salty Side.......

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

interpet123

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Firstly, thanks for reading!

The thing is, i currently have a 125 litre fluval roma as a tropical setup and i am wanting a change. I have always wanted to keep marine fish and i feel that now may be the time :) I have experience in keeping freshwater fish (coldwater and tropical) and am pretty clueless on the marine front. The reason i'm saying all of this is to see if anyone can tell me what i would need to 'perform' this conversion and a vaguely what it would cost too. For me i think money would be what i need to be careful about :/ i have a tendency to overspend :)

Anyway, thanks for reading and i look forward to a reply, Alex.

In my experience its no harder than having a community tank. The key to owning a marine aquarium patience. In some cases it could be almost a month or two before you even get your first coral. And impulse buying is something you should try to steer clear of. And bigger is better. The bigger the tank the easier the water quality is to maintain. All that aside. I think every aquarist should have a marine tank at one point in time :nod: . I personally enjoy marine more than freshwater. I think the fish have more personality :lol: . If you decide to get one just study study study it will make everything easier if you know how to fix a problem before it occurs :) .

Thanks for your reply :) Do you think i could use my tank as a marine tank? Also, i've read that there are two types of marine set up. A 'reef' setup, or an 'all fish' setup. Is this correct? If so, i'm only really interested in the fish themselves. I would like coral, but if its a lot of hassle, then i think i'll give it a miss. Is it compulsory to have coral in a marine setup?

Thanks again, Alex :good:

Thanks for your reply :) Do you think i could use my tank as a marine tank? Also, i've read that there are two types of marine set up. A 'reef' setup, or an 'all fish' setup. Is this correct? If so, i'm only really interested in the fish themselves. I would like coral, but if its a lot of hassle, then i think i'll give it a miss. Is it compulsory to have coral in a marine setup?

Thanks again, Alex :good:
your welcome :). by fish only you mean fish with live rock. live rock is essential to the marine aquarium. its the filtration. you dont have to have coral but it is fun and adds a diffent experience to keeping an aquarium :lol: . you could use your tank. 125 litres is about 45 u.s. gallons isnt it?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back