Thinking about getting tiger barbs

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°
Ah you are right.
How would they be with her current fish, do you think? I am not very familiar with these ones
Iā€™m not familiar with anything so Iā€™m the last person to ask!
But these last three months Iā€™ve been scouring the Internet for ANY fish that can handle our local water at 19dh.
Silver Tip Tetras were a very pleasant surprise. I only checked their figures because they were the first fish to make MrsLurch go wow when we entered our local mega LFS. The green kubotai were two tanks along and they looked amazing as well to her. She wants her own tank now!

All Barbs seem to get a bad rep because of the "Tigers". I have Odessa, Rosy, Black ruby and Cherry barbs and none are aggressive or fin nip.

Cherry Barbs act very much like Tetra's and are more laid back than most if not all other barbs.

They will be fine with your stocking:)

Thanks all! :)
I'm planning on getting lots of decor and plants and so it made me think that my tank will be "too crowded" with decor for cories which made me think about getting kuhlies, possibly.
Once, my friend @NCaquatics said if I'd get 12 kuhlis they won't be hiding as much, same with decor?
Especially that I would love to have some shy guys in my tank, some unusual lookig fish.
I will get some cherry barbs, I'll see if my local maidenhead aquatics sells some (I don't want from pets at home), if not I'll just get from pets at home, their diseased fish.....

Thanks all! :)
I'm planning on getting lots of decor and plants and so it made me think that my tank will be "too crowded" with decor for cories which made me think about getting kuhlies, possibly.
Once, my friend @NCaquatics said if I'd get 12 kuhlis they won't be hiding as much, same with decor?
Especially that I would love to have some shy guys in my tank, some unusual lookig fish.
I will get some cherry barbs, I'll see if my local maidenhead aquatics sells some (I don't want from pets at home), if not I'll just get from pets at home, their diseased fish.....
Theres the option of buying fish online too... probably better than pets at home

Got to weigh it up i suppose.. potentially waste cash at pets at home on disease ridden fish, or spend a bit more elsewhere
True, especially that pets at home don't care about their fish and their fish don't do anything else, but just get sick and die constantly. I had many fish die from them within few days.

If you keep small groups of them their aggression is seen a lot more. If there is a shoal of 12+ they tend to be less aggressive. Not sure why but there you have it haha.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back