Thin yellow lab

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

becs66

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas what's up with one of my yellow labs. She's kept in a mixed mbuna tank (55gal) with ps.acei and socolofi, and other yellow labs and recently seems to be loosing condition. She seems to be having trouble eating although she's keen to only manages to eat a small amount. She's definitely not holding at the moment and hasn't for the last 6 weeks or so. She seems to be getting very thin and her belly is looking quite concave. All the other fish are fine and not showing similar symptoms.

Any advice most appreciated!

Becs

Haven't noticed it poop, I'll keep a look out! I don't think you can buy that in the UK as antibiotics aren't available over the counter as far as I know.

Sunken Belly—If the fish is eating and continues to lose weight, there is probably an internal parasite present, especially if the waste is stringy. If he is not eating and appears emaciated, his loss of appetite may be caused by parasites or by something else. A sunken belly may also be caused by Tuberculosis. Try to identify other symptoms. (Make sure that you are feeding the fish an appropriate diet—some of these guys are very picky)

Stringy Poop—A good sign that there is an internal parasite present is stringy, whitish poop. Normal waste should be solid looking, opaque, and a color that reflects what the fish is being fed (mostly shades of brown and green).

http://www.theaquarians.net/ArticlesandWal...parasites_2.htm

I'm sure you can find a med in the UK,just ask at the lfs or do a yahoo search for an online place that delivers to UK.

Interpet do a great range of meds including one for internal parasites. Haven't tried it but I do use other products from their range and had no problems with them. Also, waterlife are very good - they do a vitamin supplement for fish and it really seems to build up their immune system.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back