June FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Magnum Man

Supporting Member
Tank of the Month 🏆
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
I’ve got an electric blue acara flashing this morning… I have 3 juveniles in a tank, this morning, the largest appears to be flashing… 1st I’ve witnessed with these fish… not sure if they are just coming of age, or if the “hot tank” is the reason ( I’m treating for white spot on the “not Cupids” in that tank, so the temperature is at 86 degrees for the last couple days ) anyway he was spreading his fins, with a kind of rippling of electric blue, through his fins and tail… I am not trying to breed them, particularly due to the fact I’m heat treating for Ich right now… but interesting to watch… and he sure is pretty, when he wants to be…

It’s either incidental, or it’s too hot, because it only lasts for 3-5 minutes, but, I got to witness it again, about 20 minutes later…

He's showing off, and probably likes the warmth. You don't see the not-cupids dancing around shooting arrows, do you? If that starts, yikes.

A sudden rise in temperature can stimulate most freshwater fishes to breed, or at least feel the need to breed. (watch out Tom cruise)

Most reactions

Back