Thelivingseas

markandhisfish

comfortably numb
Joined
May 23, 2008
Messages
6,879
Reaction score
8
Points
0
Location
GB
has anybody ordered an eheim external filter from this website?
 
Nope but I've dealt with them before about a CO2 unit.

It never turned up and they never responded to emails.

I eventually got a refund but no apology or anything.

The general feedback about them seems to be that they basically keep nothing in stock, so if you order anything make sure your not in a hurry to get it.

Here's a good thread on them: <a href="http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=262376&st=0" target="_blank">http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showto...262376&st=0</a>.

They operate under many different name such as Waterhome Aquatics, Everything But Water, The Living Seas, Fishbitz and 1st 4 Aquatics.

Google those stores and you'll find negative reviews on other forums.

I don't like them.
 
thanks for your reply mate was looking on 1st4aquatics and you have just saved me lots of grief it seems. and as the item im ordering isnt exactly cheap think i will give them a wide berth.

any good online places to get eheim filters ?
 
I've never ordered an Eheim filter, and I tend to order filters in at the lfs (I get good prices ^_^ ).

I know Zooplus are supposed to be good and I think they are quite cheap, only I think their Eheims have euro plugs on them.

I've ordered pond liner and some other small things from Aquatics Warehouse UK recently that went well, quick delivery. They stock Eheims, and they will price match other websites.

I think (but cant be completely sure as I cant remember TBH :D) that I got my Fluval 305 from onlineaquariumstore.com over a year ago and that arrived on time with no fuss.

Obviously Aquaessentials are amazing for service and I've ordered CO2 units, small filters, tonnes of plants, fertilisers, substrates and loads of other small things from there a lot in the past, but their external filter prices aren't as good as other online places (better than LFS retail prices though)
 
I've never ordered an Eheim filter, and I tend to order filters in at the lfs (I get good prices ^_^ ).

The joys of staff discount from being an LFS worker ay :lol:

For filters, you are best to order from a local store, as if it goes wrong with fish in the tank, you need a quick fix or you loose livestock. Sending a filter back to an on-line retailer via post, waiting for their disision and then waiting for it to ship back won't exactly be quick... :/

I have used 1st4aquatics twice for my Tetratec exturnals. Fast (next day in both cases) delivery and good communications was what I recieved from them, but this was nearly a year ago now :sad:

All the best
Rabbut
 
Just to back up what three-fingers said, I've heard nothing but bad reports. I'd avoid them at all costs.

One of my LFS's (who will price match anyone, even internet) has stopped price matching this guy's websites because the stuff is so cheap, but hardly ever turns up.

"Order from them at your own risk" so to speak. (My words, not his)

What is interesting is that the LFS in question reckons he knows of over 10 websites run by the same guy (i think 14 rings a bell), and he won't price match any of them.

Bet you are glad you asked first?

BTT :good:
 
Reading this, Boy am I glad I never ordered my Tunze 6055 and extra kit from The Living Seas.
They were the cheapest and I thought about going ahead but opted for a more well known establishment and suffered no hassles.
What you think is a bargain more often than not isnt.
Regards
BigC
 
DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I ordered a dennerle co2 unit from them, 2 months, yes 2 MONTHS later it still hadn't arrived, they never contacted me or sent me a email to say it was delayed or out of stock, then when i asked for my money back it took 2 weeks to get it, many expensive plants died because of this. When i called them they were rude and unhelpful, i eventually had a half hour chat with there office secretary who had been there for 2 months, shed workded in sales for 20 years and had never heard so many complaints or worked for such a poor company. Be very VERY careful as The Living Crap has 4 or 5 websites on the net that all look slightly different but all orders off all the sites go through the Living Seas. Honestly the worst consumer experience of my life. AVOID AT ALL COSTS.
 
I'd delete that part about the secretary, don't want her losing her job if one of the staff from there reads that!

I'll edit this post once it's changed :)

I agree completely, crap company, it's amazing how many bad reviews they have on the net.
 
the living seas is just up the road from me there shop is a bithit and miss tbh thay carry some nice fish stock tho

Mail order wise i have used charterhouse aquatics loads of time with out any problems most of the stuff is in stock (had to wait 7 days for some ehiem spares but i did get an email telling me !!)

I have ordered 4 ehiem filters through them never had a problem

[URL="http://www.charterhouse-aquatics.co.uk"]http://www.charterhouse-aquatics.co.uk[/URL]
 

Most reactions

Back
Top