🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Gill

Store Manager Coalville Aquatics
Reaction score
So heres the bare unscaped tank as it stands
Plants arriving this week (bought) as no-one offered any

I thought i would try the Resin Wood as it was only 5Quid each.

Will be Heavily planted with Vallis and Different Types Of Lillies, Started work on the new lighting. Just waiting for the starter units to arrive. Square Guttering is really effective to make luminaires out of. Hope to add another 3 tubes to the current lighting.

Picture019-2.jpg

Just out of curiosity, is your lily pipe meant to be in the tank like that, surely it should be the other way up? I suppose it doesnt make any difference but I thought the main reason behind then was to have as little equipment showing in the tank as possible. You might also want get rind of the bubble curtain as it will certainly drive off any addition co2 you have in the tank. I would also remove the background and let it dry out then replace it again as from my experience the water will never evaporate from behind it while it is still in situ.

Just out of curiosity, is your lily pipe meant to be in the tank like that, surely it should be the other way up? I suppose it doesnt make any difference but I thought the main reason behind then was to have as little equipment showing in the tank as possible. You might also want get rind of the bubble curtain as it will certainly drive off any addition co2 you have in the tank. I would also remove the background and let it dry out then replace it again as from my experience the water will never evaporate from behind it while it is still in situ.

I have to have the Lily Pipe like that due to the awkward way in which the bak of the tank is. theres only a tiny Traingle in which to get anything thru so have to have the Lilly pipe far down into the tank.

The Curtain will go once i get the Co2 set up again.
The background tends to dry out well, as theres a heater nearby.

Cherry
Picture066-3.jpg

Lickle Ickle Piggies (Dwarf Plattie)
Picture032-4.jpg

Juvi Rams
Picture025-2.jpg

Picture044-3.jpg

Looking good Gill! :good:
Just know it's going to look fantastic once you've finished.

I agree going to look awesome and i have still got the cabomba ya wanted m8 if you stil interested :good:

Thanks, Dunno if i'll add Leaves to this scape. I'll see what it looks like with 160 bunches of varied vallis in it 1st

All the Vallis has been planted but waters all cloudy after having my hands in the sand.
Will take pix after it settles.

Can't wait for the fish auction on saturday - really looking forward to meeting everyone who's going.

Water Is Clearing Up and Its Planted.
Added another 5 Lilly Bulbs - Green Nymphae, and when i have more money i'll add some Red Tiger Lillies, as only have 2 ATM.

Picture005-8.jpg

Picture006-5.jpg

Picture004-5.jpg

Picture034-3.jpg

thats AMAZING much improved, i think you ordered just enough vallis :)

Thanks But I would like to Fill out the Left side some more - Might get another 40 or so

It's amazing the difference plants make, looks stunning Gill!
Keep us updated with pics as I can't wait to see the end result, especially when the plants start to fill out. ;)

Most reactions

Back