The Things You Find At Work

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Baccus

We are not born just so we can die
Global Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
This morning at work while waiting for the day to begin I was watching some creatures tail move along a beam in the depot shed. Because of the stop start nature of the way the tail was moving I decided it must have been a snake inching its way along the beam ( I couldn't see it because it was inside the shed while I was outside and the beam was above one of the shed doors), so I thought I would go into the shed and see if my suspicions where correct. However once in the shed I couldn't see anything on the beam, instead I heard a kitten crying very loudly. So instead of hunting for a possible snake I went to find the kitten.

Needless to say I located the dear little thing who is all of about 4-5 weeks old and doesn't even have its teeth yet.
So meet the latest rescue critter to find its way home with me.:nod:

P1060164.jpg

P1060172.jpg

P1060165.jpg

P1060173.jpg

Aww, poor wee kitty! Maybe it's lost it's mum because it's deaf?

He/ she doesn't seem ti be deaf, but it had a loud call and purr.

So cute and tiny :wub: ....its a good thing you found the little tinky otherwise it may have ended up snake bait. Have you found out if its male or female and is it going to stay with you and all your other pets. :nod:

It would be very, very unusual to get a completely white, blue eyed cat that could hear. The few that can hear always have a dark smudge on the top of the head :good:

Even if it is deaf, it will still make noises, that's instinctive; I just meant it wouldn't have been able to hear it's mum calling for it, poor little soul!

It would be very, very unusual to get a completely white, blue eyed cat that could hear. The few that can hear always have a dark smudge on the top of the head :good:

Even if it is deaf, it will still make noises, that's instinctive; I just meant it wouldn't have been able to hear it's mum calling for it, poor little soul!

My friend has a pure white cat with blues eyes that can hear very well...

I know most white cat's are deaf but trust me, my friends cat is pure white, not other colours, with pure blue eyes that can hear you very well. We've tested her with different sounds and varying pitches but she hears all of them.

And I bet my last pound it had a grey smudge on it's head when it was a kitten! The smudge does fade as they grow up.

That was interesting read on Wiki, though, thank you for posting it :D

P.S; I LOVE you new avatar, Paradise!

And I bet my last pound it had a grey smudge on it's head when it was a kitten! The smudge does fade as they grow up.

That was interesting read on Wiki, though, thank you for posting it :D

P.S; I LOVE you new avatar, Paradise!

No it didn't... She got it as a kitten and it's never had any other colour on it except the white...

P.S; Thanks :)

Oh; good job I've just spent my last pound getting my chinchilla's teeth checked at the vets then, or I'd owe it to you :p

Oh; good job I've just spent my last pound getting my chinchilla's teeth checked at the vets then, or I'd owe it to you :p

lol, yeah it surprised us as well but low and behold she's never been deaf. We've tested her and had her tested by the vets.

So cute and tiny :wub: ....its a good thing you found the little tinky otherwise it may have ended up snake bait. Have you found out if its male or female and is it going to stay with you and all your other pets. :nod:

Snake bait, the tern crab pot bait was getting bandied around..... til I put a stop to it. I was more worried about it getting run over by one of the trucks in the deopt, because the kitten kept escaping the crate I had put it in. A few years ago one of out depots had a pup that kept hanging around all the guys liked it and often fed it, but sure enough it ended up getting accidentially run over. The guys even made a sandstone head stone with the pups name on it in memory of the pup.

You know what I still haven't checked if its a male or female.

And the big bad other half has been playing with the kitten as well as helping bottle feed it, has said if I can't find a home for the kitten once its old enough then me can keep it. BUT Spook our current cat wasn't within ear shot of that comment, so its more Spook I have to make sure of friendlly intentions from.

Lets hope Spook finds her maternal instinct that has been hidden away and she takes a shine to this cute little kitten. You never know if your hubbys heart has melted over the kitten then Spook who is half human may do the same. :lol: :lol:

I shouldn't have used the term snake bait.....I often herd stories of cats and snakes living in large industrial sheds and most of the industrial area is around the swampy areas of our city. The snakes were always around because of the rats and so were the feral cats. The cats were often prey to the pythons which I suppose it was a good thing in a way as they kept the feral cat population down.

Some new pictures of the kitten who is now being called Shiya, even if its a male the name suits it to a tee. Its that or 4WD cat or Every Ready because it just doesn't stop, and has now learnt how to escape its box so maybe Edmund Hillery since it scales all obstacles :lol: .
P1060185.jpg

P1060184.jpg

P1060181.jpg

P1060177.jpg

And finally plum tuckered out. :zz :angel:
P1060178.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back