The Things You Find At Work

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Yep a little sweetie, just need to find a home for it that will keep it indoors to stop it getting sun cancer on its ears and nose and be aware that if its not already deaf (for now it seem to hear high pitched noises) then it may develop hearing problems. Our current cat Spook is far from amused about the young interloper, although the dogs are quite interested in it. I got Shiya a new hot water bottle warmer that it has fallen in love with and keeps trying to suckle on, I got some video just need to upload it.

Aww. Well you can't control what cats will do with new additions. :-( :-( Had to rehome my babies {my two beautiful Siamese/ longhair mixes} after I had my first child. They did not take to the new baby well. I am dying for a new kitten, am waiting for the right moment. I grew up taking in rescue cats, similar to how you found that one. Hope you find a good home, or that your current kitty will accept it :)

Aww yeah, we had a white barn cat that ended up with cancer in it's ears :(

If you have the time you can put sunscreens on cats and dogs but cats are more prone to grooming it all off thats why its just easier long term to keep a pure white cat inside. Our dog Leah had a pink strip in the bridge of her nose that was going hard so the vet as a precaution took the strip out and joined the black skin to black skin. He had never seen such an early potential skin cancer before, that was around 5 years ago now (if not more) and Leah is still going strong with no other nasty suspicious lumps or growths on her nose.

Well Shiya had his first vet visit, he has to wait another week to be old enough for his first worming. At first the vet thought he was younger than my estiamte of 4-5weeks because of his size and weight, then she double checked his teeth and agreed with my estiamte that he is older but probably the runt of the litter (explains his determination in all things), also because his mum would have been a feral/ stray she would only have been feeding the kittens stuff she could scrounge around the depot and catch such as mice/ rats/ snakes/ lizards/ birds/ insects and frogs.
He is really getting to hang of this play thing now and goes for ages before tuckering himself out. He has a small peice of metalic coloured ribbon (the type you tie around presants and curl the ends of) that he picks up and runs around with in his mouth. He has other toys as well but the best toys are still our feet and toes, which apparently are great to crawl on, leap on and chew on.

And as I write this message our current cat Spook has taken up residence on my lap, laying on her back looking up at me purring her little heart out.

I'll try to get some video of Shiya playing but he is heard to wrangle for cameras on your own so I'll need the help of hubby who is more than happy to spend ages playing with Shiya :lol: :nod: :wub:

I got Shiya a new hot water bottle warmer that it has fallen in love with and keeps trying to suckle on, I got some video just need to upload it.
Oh bless him! Our eldest cat Jess has a fluffy dog that he does that to, he's 4 now and still does it almost every evening.

Spook our other cat who we hand raised from her eyes not even open used to suck on our fingers, it took a long time to stop her sucking on fingers. She had to be broken of the habit because at night when you where trying to sleep she whould be bugging you hunting your finger to suck on. Her main habit now (she's now 12) is helping you to wake up by gently using her claws to open your eye, if you bury your head under the blankets to escape her she then turns her attention to peeling back the blankets.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back