The one eyed neon tetra

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

snotirl

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I once had a one eye neon tetra and well it had one eye but one day i was showing by friend it can he wasnt there he was gone no body found no nothing........ any idea???? :eek:

could be stuck up in a decoration, in the intake of the filter tube, in the filter itself or jumped out of the tank.

semper fi

Check the inlet for any powerheads that you have as well. I've found that nibbled parts of fish can easily get attached there without being overly noticeable.

Check any caves, etc. Fish don't usually totally disappear, and that amount of protein decaying in your tank can lead to nightmares in controlling ammonia.

well this happened a month ago and i searched and i cleaned out the tank and nothing.......

How big is your plec and your other sucker...odds are poor little Winkie the Neon probably perished and became a midnight snack for one of them :(

...holy moley now I'm naming other peoples fish :crazy: .....is there a doctor in the house :lol: :lol:

Could be my PLeac 3 inches! other sucker inch

My money would be on the plec then, a deceased neon would just make a light snack for him :crazy:

....sorry for your loss...R.I.P. Winkie :-(

oh really ok i didnt know they eat fish!?!

Ya, anything that can't move away is fair game for a plec, they will try to scavange anything they can settle down on top of (or underneath, on the side of etc.)

Most reactions

Back