The Humuhumunukunukuapua Adventure

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

chrissaysyes

Nereus
Reaction score
There's been a baby humu humu (about 2.5") at the LFS that I've been tempted by time and time again and I finally told myself I'd get him and do whatever I could to accommodate him until he got too big for my tank (55gal) if the LFS would sell him for under $20. Well, she agreed on $20. On my way to the counter with her to get her fish-scoopin-gear, I saw she had a frag tank up front where she was going to start selling frags. Welllll...she started asking me if I was sure I wanted to get the trigger, and making sure I knew he wasnt "reef safe." I told her I thought he would do fine at that size but then I noticed a pretty large kenya tree...

So I ended up getting the kenya tree instead of the trigger :p I'm still battling ich (I think) and I'm not 100% confident on the trigger getting along with my crabs and shrimp. Anyways, the reason I'm posting is:

I'm aware of how to take care of kenya tree, I'm also aware that a lot of people have a lot of luck with getting these things to grow pretty rapidly, just wondering if anyone had some good personal trips on kenya tree.

For shame. Everybody hates poor triggers. ;)

I have three kenya trees and they are probably my favourite coral. They are stunning when fully open, and grow quickly. They are also simplicity to frag, attaching almost as fast as a sarcophyton.

Leaving the trigger be was probably the best decision for now 'cause of your ich. Mine still hasn't eaten any shrimp but I don't often see hermits running around. The only one left is the guy with the huge, heavy shell as far as I know.

Most reactions

Back