The Grand Plan!

actually it can!
More info please?

Sorry, I don't know the scienctific reason why, but it can happen. I've seen rocks split open that were placed around a campfire and got too hot.


theres a difference between boiling them and putting them on a camp fire, ive boiled rocks loads of times, and know alot of other people and never ever have one exploded as u say

Rocks from the wild are fine just boil or bake them first. Rocks from a garden center would be better though and there dirt cheap anyways.

I wouldn't boil rocks myself, they can explode. Besides they scratch up the cookware.

I used some small gravel from our landscaping, and I swirled it in a bucket then poured off water and added water and swirled again, many times, to get out all the dirt and debris. Then poured boiling water over them to sterilize.

Boiling rocks is not going to make them explode :blink:


i agree
 
Ive read, certain rocks seem solid, but have little pores in them with water vaper trapped. Water vapor heats up, expands, BOOOOOOOM!. So ive read at least.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top