The Fluval Edge..

youngfisher

Marine Keeper..
Joined
Apr 20, 2009
Messages
3,105
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Leicester
Well, Payday tommorow wohoo!

And I carnt fit anymore tanks in my room, and i know my dad deep down wants one. So I shown him the Fluval Edge today and he waslike thats nice, so i said 'dad i might treat you' and he said 'yeah right' sooo... i might purchase it for my dad tommorow.

What you think people?


Good tank/bad tank? Just going to have simple fish, maybe one betta, or a shoal of tetras or somthing.

How much are these? I think i saw it for £90 in p@h.
 
I was £89 for mine in pets@home,it came with a filter but you will have to but a 25w heater for it,i really like mine.
 
preety much,mine is a tiny heater,heres a pic so you can see.

My heater is on the left hand side behind the plant

DSCF7311.jpg
 
A clearseal looks better?! IMO those tanks are some of the most beautiful I have seen-brilliant design. They have one set up at my LFS as a shrimp tank-it's beautifully aquascaped and looks awesome.
In terms of volume for money, they offer very poor value, but it's if you're prepared to pay for the looks :)
 
Its just a basic tank, dont want it planted or anything. He had tropical fish for around 20 years, but stopped. I think the only reason he likes this is because of the design. So hopefully it will make him want a bigger tank, then he will help me out more with mine.

Cheers for all your help
 
i was drooling over the design of this too, i saw it in pets at home and really liked it for a fry tank... thats was my thought to convince myself i should buy it.. thinking about it i wouldnt get 30-60 fish in there even as little ones :lol: but they are beautiful tanks
we are going to get lots of post regarding overstocking of these i can just see it, but i reckon for a betta and a few lovely decs they are stunning :) of course you could get more than that in there but thats what i would use it for ....

go on treat him ;) i bet hes the best dad in the world and he`d love it :)
 
I will advise him on stocking levels but he has the 'no it all approach' lol but im sure he wont overstock it.
 
I've recently bought one of these - I will warn you now, they are beautiful but hellishly impractical! Fine if you just want a single betta (you'll have to leave the water level lower though, negating the 'water cube' effect) or a small group of tetras, and don't mind being a bit creative with regards to cleaning the glass and general maintenance. :)
 
maybe go for the clearseal tank that pets at home have on offer too then? or is it tetra.. silver one! :)even better give him and £80 budget and send him on ebay
 
I love my Fluval Edge. I have three different sized/type of tanks and despite early reservations about the Edge, I did decide to buy one. I don't see why design and good fish keeping can't coincide. Surely as long as the right type of fish is selected to live in the tank is the main issue here.

An earlier thread about the Edge brought up issues of oxygen circulation, maintenance and how to acclimatise new fish - the top of the tank has adequate space for oxygen exchange and placing the bag for acclimatisation to happen. Maintenance is quite easy too.
I really don't have any qualms or issues with this product.
 
Well - I was standing infront of it today at p&h, and walked out empty handed.

My work decided to still NOT pay me the money they owe me.

:(
 

Most reactions

Back
Top