The.fl.keys Introduction

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

The.FL.Keys

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
The name is Scott, and I've been an avid enthusiast within Ichthyology and Herpetology for about fifteen years. I currently possess one aquarium. I am however, starting another saltwater aquarium. I shall be mimicking the surrounding reef species native to Key West, Florida. I'm here to learn from others personal experiences on specific species...I hope to teach others as well. I greatly appreciate the time taken to read over this post B-)

My current species are listed below, nothing spectacular, but all four of these specimens are over the age of seven years. One of my Blood Parrots is nearly nine years of age.
Synodontis angelicus
14dn4nl.jpg

Blood Parrot Cichlid (Hybrid Species)
2hwgor8.jpg

dhenon.jpg

1zfsupy.jpg

These four fish are held within this 85 gallon tall custom aquarium.
71kyef.jpg

oaw0ti.jpg

dq3ths.jpg

The pictures listed below are from previous projects/enclosures. I apologize, for the picture quality. I can not locate the majority of the fish/reptile species I've personally owned. I literally relocated to the Keys from Lake Havasu City, AZ...only weeks ago. I promise to update my species list if pictures arise, and if I encounter new purchases :hey: I am sorry for the collage picture, the only proof I had of my 46 gallon reef aquarium.

Brackish 35 Gallon Hex 2010 (Held One Batrachus trispinosus)
fx3z2p.jpg

2mqqjrr.jpg

f4dzc2.jpg

Saltwater Aquarium 2008 (180 Gallons)
wu4hzk.jpg

Collage:
Middle...46 Gallon Reef Aquarium (2006)
Upper Left...My First Aquarium Above 20 Gallons (2002)
Eventually Held L47, And Four Parambassis pulcinella (2006)
Bottom Right...Turquoise/Sunburst Cross Veiled Chameleon
t0ox14.jpg

130 Gallon, Including Canopy/Hood. Housed My Blood/Hypo Citrus Tigers (Pogona vitticeps)
2w7n8f5.png

1192xsl.jpg

9uya37.jpg

30 Gallon Enclosure, Housed Teratolepis fasciata
2eg46tk.png

Female Nephrurus levis levis (Red)
24gn091.jpg

Female Cyclura cornuta
2ceowfq.jpg

First Panther Chameleon (4 Month Old Ambilobe)
2isxq3n.jpg

Welcome too the forums, Quite an experienced newbie then :lol: :lol: Love your marine setup :)

I greatly appreciate the warming welcome :D

I shall take better photographs amongst my future setups. This website has caused many ideas to racket around my cranium ha.

Welcome to the forum! My husband and I are heading to Naples FL in the morning for a few days. I really wish we were hitting the Keys, though. I envy you! And nice tanks.
good.gif

I've never been to Naples, fairly close as well. I'm sure the two of you shall enjoy the visit :)

I'm still adapting to the new life style, coming from dry desert to this unique paradise...quite the transition. One definite advantage, this climate makes it much easier to keep exotic life...compared to my previous location ha.

Most reactions

Back