The downside of frogbit

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

seangee

Fish Connoisseur
Reaction score
Was planning to be away for 3 weeks but ended up coming home after just less than 2. Good job too - it seems frogbit simply cannot cope without continuous care and attention :rofl:
20201020_212651.jpg

Thnakfully the other tanks coped a bit better
20201020_212839.jpg
20201020_212746.jpg
20201020_212726.jpg

Good grief!

Wow, your tetras seem to like the roots :fish: I just have a few in my tetra tank and barely any roots but they are a nice shade of green and a few small leaves have shown up.

That is a lot of leaves, I have been adding flourish at 1/2 dosage once a week but recently doing it twice a week. I also lowered the water level to give the frogbite more light. Keeping my fingers crossed the frogbite will take off I would love to be able to have it look like yours :wub:

Mine is beginning to look like that......

What? Mine is not taking off at all. I will wonder is my stream/water disturbance an issue? It gathers in one spot behind the filter bar and just sits and barely grows. Might try adjust the light so it's over them.

Happy holiday i hope. I'm sure the fish enjoyed the new Playground :rofl:

Hah

That made me laugh, had exactly the same issue with water lettuce in my 3 foot tank.

Went on holiday for 10 days, came back, entire water surface was covered in water lettuce, and I really do mean every single bit of surface!

And that’s despite me leaving a small clump of water lettuce in corner, about size of my hand before I left!

Chucked out loads by the handful and looked as nothing else was affected, livestock were happy enough and root plants showed no issues from lack of direct light from light unit for presumably a few days.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back